|March 01, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
February 21, 2017
Call to Order
Michael S. Perro, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Mark R. Cobb and William J. Mageary in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Also in Attendance: Art Ingersoll, Roland Legere and Chris St. Pierre
I. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark Cobb, to approve the minutes from February 14, 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
II. Public Comment:
a. Roland Legere inquired if there was any updated information on the Mousam Lake Dam Coalition. Chairman Perro reported that at this time there is no new information to report. Second item that Roland wanted to discuss with the BOS was the results from the Goose Pond Survey and how the results would be disbursed. After discussing this matter the decision was made that a letter outlining the overall results of the survey will be sent to everyone who was mailed a survey initially.
IV. Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
V. Unfinished Business:
1. EcoMaine – Selectman Mageary asked if contact had been made with Lissa from Ecomaine regarding attending town meeting. Lissa had mentioned in the past that she could attend our meeting and bring educational materials encouraging residents to recycle. The Executive Secretary will contact Lissa concerning this matter.
VI. New Business:
1. Animal Welfare Society Agreement – Motion made by William J. Mageary to sign the agreement as written, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Cummings, Lamont & McNamee Audit Letter – The BOS were in full agreement to sign the audit letter as written.
3. Professional GIS Service Agreement – This matter will be placed on hold until after Town meeting.
4. TANS – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded Mark R. Cobb to sign the letters as prepared to go out to bid for the Town’s Tax Anticipation Note. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
5. State of Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation & Forestry Letter – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to sign the FEMA Resilience Meeting response letter as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
6. Executive Session for a Personnel Matter – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to enter into an Executive Session at 7:55 pm pursuant to 1 MRSA 405 6(a). The BOS enter out of the executive session at 8:30 pm.
7. Warrant Review – A workshop has been scheduled for Friday, February 24, 2017 at 9:00 am to discuss the warrant for Town meeting.
8. Rescue On Call – Selectman Mageary inquired about have members of the Rescue Squad who are paid for being on call. What is the protocol for being on call and do you need more than 1 person to be on call (drive and medical)? A brief discussion took place regarding the on call status. Further discussion will take place with the Rescue Chief of Services.
1. Planning Board Approval Letter
2. MMA Letter regarding site visit
3. Marijuana Workshop on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 – William Mageary will be attending this workshop.
2. Audit Letter
3. TANS Letters
4. Animal Welfare Agreement
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to adjourn at 8:29 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
April 28, 2017 9:30 PM