|March 28, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
March 7, 2017
Call to Order
Michael S. Perro, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Mark R. Cobb and William J. Mageary in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Also in Attendance: Art Ingersoll, Roland Legere and Skip Bartosch
I. Pledge of Allegiance
II. Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark Cobb, to approve the minutes from February 28th, 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
II. Public Comment:
a. Roland Legere asked if the BOS ever received data on the speed trailer that had been placed throughout Shapleigh last summer. Chairman Perro stated that yes the Town did receive information regarding the speed trailer. That information is passed along to Deputy Shaw so that he can review this data and adjust his patrols based on that information.
IV. Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Richard Goodwin, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
V. Unfinished Business:
1. Executive Session for a Personal Matter Pursuant to 1 MRSA 405 (6) a – Motion to enter into an Executive Session at 7:20 pm was made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. The BOS came out of the executive session at 7:31 pm. Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to into enter a payment agreement for Map 40, Lot 9, 266 Granny Kent Pond Road to allow the previous owner to repurchase his property. This property was foreclosed on at the end of 2017 for tax liens that had matured. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Transfer Station Sign – The Executive Secretary acquired a price to create a metal sign with the hours of the Transfer Station. The cost was $175.00. Before making a decision, William J. Mageary would like to get a second quote from TDM Custom Signs. This matter will remain on hold at this time.
VI. New Business:
1. Performance Evaluation to be completed – Michael S. Perro will complete the evaluation for the Transfer Station employee.
2. York County Sheriff’s Request – Sheriff King would like to schedule a meeting with the Towns of Acton, Shapleigh and Newfield. The subject that would be discussed is the policing of the three towns. The meeting will take place the week of April 10th.
1. MMA Workers Compensation Refund
2. United Way Donation for Fuel Assistance
3. Town Clerk Memo
4. Planning Board Letters
2. Artist Agreement
Adjourn – Motion made by Mark R. Cobb, Seconded by William J. Mageary to adjourn at 7:29 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
April 28, 2017 9:30 PM