|June 28, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
June 20, 2017
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman, called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen. Michael S. Perro was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
In Attendance: Mike Sabine, Roland Legere, Art Ingersol and several members of the Shapleigh Fire Department
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to approve the minutes from June 13, 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
Mike Sabine along with members of the Shapleigh Fire Department asked to speak to the Board of Selectmen concerning a memo that had been sent out to the Rescue Chief of Service and the Fire Department Chief concerning any changes in the department’s officers, the Board of Selectmen would like to be notified prior to the appointment taking place. A lengthy discussion took place with regards NFPA standards and span of control when there is an emergency making sure there are sufficient numbers of officers to oversee the members while working. It was also noted that the department operates under their standard operating procedures that were created several years ago. The members have increased over the past years with the Fire Department along with members responding to fire calls.
Art Ingersol reported the young individual who wanted community service hours worked at the Transfer Station being supervised by Art did an outstanding job. Also, the Eco Maine kick off was very successful. 100 recycling bins had been distributed by 1:00 pm.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Generator for Town Hall – William J. Mageary distributed the information regarding the overall price for installing a generator for the Town hall. At this time this is for informational purposes only. The BOS will review the information at their leisure.
2. Revision Energy – The BOS reviewed the updated information concerning the cost analysis of what additional financial implication would be to make the solar system to generate as close to 100%. Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to moved forward with the additional panels. A couple of questions need to be asked regarding the current contract and the revised information. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously
1. Purchase Orders – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to sign the purchase orders totaling of $256.13. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Certificates of Appointments – Motion was made to appoint Kathy Fagan to the Fair Hearing Authority, Zoning Board of Appeals and the Assessment Review Committee. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. Motion made to appoint Kristen Bennett as a member of the Recreation Committee. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Community Service – William J. Mageary mentioned the youth who was in search of community volunteer hours worked at the Square Pond gravel pit area cleaning up the debris from people who use this area for target shooting. He did a very nice job cleaning this area up.
4. CMP Pole Application - The Executive Secretary stated she spoke to the Road Commissioner, John Burnell concerning the placement of this new utility pole. John had no concerns with this application. Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to sign the pole application based on the Road Commissioner’s recommendation.
5. York County Registry of Deeds – Mark R. Cobb informed the Board that he can no longer download deeds at no charge from the YC Registry website. They allow up to 500 pages printed at no charge after that there is a fee of 50 cents a page. Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to allow the use of the Town’s debit card to be used for printing of the Shapleigh deeds from the YC Registry website not to exceed $100.00. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
1. Shapleigh Community Day Agenda
2. PTO balances for employees
3. MLRA Annual Meeting – Saturday, June 24 at 9:00 am – Acton Fairgrounds
2. CMP Pole Application
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to adjourn at 7:38 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
July 25, 2017 12:34 PM