|August 07, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
July 11, 2017
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman, called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
In Attendance: Roland Legere, Art Ingersol, Skip Bartosch, Kristine Penny, Ed Sevigny and Kathy Fagan
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes from June 27, 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
· Kristine Penny asked to speak to the Board regarding the August 1, 2017 auction. Penny discussed many issues she having with the Town selling this ROW. She proposed to the town they divide the taxes between the property owners who have rights to use this ROW. The BOS explained this property was acquired when the tax lien matured. Therefore, the only way to get this parcel back on the tax rolls is through a Town auction. Ms. Penny expressed her discontent with the Selectmen putting this parcel up for auction.
· Edward Sevigny mentioned he had spoken to his attorney regarding getting a clear title. After doing a quick search an issue came up from 70 + years ago. The question came up that this ROW may be just a lot and in fact the deeded rights of way would be voided. The BOS do not agree with this statement. However, they will seek legal advice concerning this information.
· Roland Legere reported to the Selectmen that this past holiday weekend was one of the best. Reason it was one of the bests is the water levels are great.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Revision Energy – Nothing new to report on the solar panels.
2. Snowplowing Contract – The Selectmen will review the winter plowing contract and let the Executive Secretary know if there are any changes or corrections before Friday. The contract will be forwarded to the Road Commissioners and Town counsel for his opinion.
3. Performance Evaluation – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to increase the hourly wage of the Land Use Secretary by 3% prorated from June 6. Increased is based on a positive evaluation. No further questions. Motion carried unanimously.
1. Boston Post Cane – The Executive Secretary mentioned is the oldest living resident in Shapleigh Barbara Garron. The BOS agreed to present the Boston Post Cane to Barbara. The ceremony will be held on Saturday, July 22 at the gazebo after the parade.
2. Certificate of Appointment – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to appoint Jessica Eastman to the Recreation Committee. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Parade Route Closure – The Executive Secretary presented the Selectmen with the route closure plan which is required by Maine Department of Transportation. A copy has been given to Deputy Shaw and will be forwarded to MDOT. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the parade route closure as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Request for PTO – The BOS approved the Executive Secretaries request for PTO for July 19-21st. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Letter of Zoning Violation – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro permission to seek legal action for Map 27, Lot 13, earth moving & tree removal in the shoreland district violation.
1. Planning Board Agenda and Minutes
2. Eco Maine Monthly Report
3. Notice of Zoning violation
2. Certificates of Appointment for Jessica Eastmen to the Recreation Committee
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 8:14 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
August 21, 2017 5:22 PM