|September 06, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
August 29, 2017
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
In Attendance: Kathy Fagan, Roland Legere, Art Ingersol, John Burnell, Nick Richardson, Skip Bartosch and Hunter Smigelski
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes from August 22, 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
Roland Legere stated in his opinion that this was the best summer in regards to the water levels.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, mentioned he continues to work on the Town Farm Road project. John worked at the Transfer Station during the past week compiling the pine needles and brush. The road signs have been installed for Gray Road and speed limit signs for Ross Corner Road. Nason Road paving will begin by the end of the week. Casey Tarbox, Road Commissioner for Newfield spoke to John regarding an area on Mann Road approximately 500 feet in Newfield he will be placing shim/overlay in the coming weeks.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Winter Plowing Contract Bid Opening – Bids were:
a. Richardson Trucking – Price for three years - $4,000.00 a mile to plow for the Northern District. Miles for the North are 32.1 miles.
b. Hunter Smigelski – Price for three years - $4,000.00 a mile to plow for the Southern District. Miles for the South are 24.6 miles.
Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to award the winter plowing to Richardson’s Trucking for the North and Hunter Smigelski for the south pending voter approval at the Special Town Meeting. No further discussion. Motion passed unanimously.
2. Special Town Meeting – Several dates were discussed along with the Budget Committee Ordinance that they would like to present to the voters for a vote. This ordinance will need a public hearing prior to voting. It was noted the sooner the better to have the Special Town Meeting since, winter stockpiling needs to be completed. It was discussed that the Budget Committee Ordinance will be postponed at this time. Mark Cobb will speak to Duffy Gold regarding this issue. There will be 2 warrant articles: Winter Plowing and Administrator for the Public Safety Building.
3. Office Assistant – William J. Mageary asked for an update concerning the vacancy. The Executive Secretary stated she will begin the interview process next week.
1. Rescue Chief – The Rescue Chief would like to meet with the Board of Selectmen. Tentative date has been scheduled for Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 8:30 am.
2. Administrator for the Public Safety Building – The Board of Selectmen have agreed to move forward with a warrant article at the Special Town Meeting for an Administrator for the Public Safety Building. At the end of this year both positions for Rescue and Fire Chief’s will be up for reappointment. It is the desire to have someone hired for the new position by January 2018. This will be a 40 hours a week position. The administrator will oversee both departments along with the Public Safety Building. The Board of Selectmen would like to schedule a meeting with the Fire Chief asap in order to discuss this matter further.
3. Resident on Lebanon Road – Michael S. Perro stated he received a telephone call from a concerned resident on the Lebanon Road who is concerned with the ATV traffic along with other matters. Michael S. Perro plans on visiting this person over the weekend.
1. Planning Board Letters
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 7:33 PM. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
September 23, 2017 1:33 AM