|October 25, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
October 17, 2017
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, October 17, 2017, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen. William J. Mageary was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
In Attendance: Skip Bartosch, Roland Legere and Art Ingersoll
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to approve the minutes from October 10, 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
· Art Ingersol – Transfer Station employee mentioned over the weekend there were several bags left outside of the gate at the Transfer Station. Art was able to obtain a name and address from the refuse. This information will be forwarded to the York County Deputy to investigate further.
· Roland Legere, Mousam Lake Dam Coalition Member – updated the Selectmen on the meeting that took place on Monday, October 16th at the Sanford Town Hall. Marcel Blouin brought people up to date on the progress with the Emery Mills Dam. It was noted the deed research is taking sometime with doing the title research. The City of Sanford will need to apply for a Conditional Use permit with the Town of Shapleigh and also seek permits with DEP before the work can began. The projected start date will be in the Spring of 2018.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
Unfinished Business: None
1. Abatement and Supplementals – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to approve the following:
a. Account 0463 – Abatement $1,423.44
b. Account 2392 – Supplemental $1,842.59
c. Account 2103 – Abatement $1,013.44
d. Account 1677 – Supplemental $1,829.08
e. Account 2055 – Supplemental $1,653.36
2. Executive Session – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to enter into an Executive Session according to 1 MRSA 405(6)(A) personnel matter at 7:18 pm. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. The BOS came out of the Executive Session at 7:31 pm.
1. Shapleigh Rescue Minutes
2. CEO Letter
2. Abatements and Supplementals
Adjourn – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to adjourn at 7:34 PM. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
December 17, 2017 11:50 PM