|November 29, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
November 21, 2017
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, November 21, 2017, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary.
In Attendance: Art Ingersoll, Skip Bartosch and Roland Legere
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes from November 14, 2017. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Transfer Station Attendant, Art Ingersoll informed the Board he has been in contact with WD Mathews Machinery Company regarding obtaining a price for a metal platform. It was decided to do a little research to see if there might other options for metal stairs with railings for the cardboard/paper container at the recycling area at the Transfer Station.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Bid Opening for Maintenance Cleaning of Town Hall – At this time references are being contacted. This matter will remain under unfinished business.
2. Shapleigh Rescue – Chairman Cobb stated the repairs for the ambulance should be completed by Wednesday.
3. Public Safety Building – Chairman Cobb stated the Rescue Chief has contacted Wirepro to discuss the camera’s at the PSB. A meeting has been scheduled for next week with Wirepro.
4. Revision Energy – Michael S. Perro mentioned he has contacted Nick from Revision Energy to confirm a date when the solar energy will be up and running. He will let the other Selectmen know what that date is once he hears back from Nick.
1. PTO Policy – Michael S. Perro would like to amend the PTO policy. Michael is recommending that whenever there are circumstances uncontrollable by the employee and the Board elects not to open or close early, employees should be paid for their normal hours from the salary account and not have to use their PTO time. There was a motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to pay the Office Assistant for her normal hours for when the Town Hall had no power a couple of weeks ago. No further discussion. Motion carried. Motion was made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to allow employees to carry over 1 week of PTO time that can be used in the follow year by December 31st of that year.. No further discussion. Motion carried.
2. Budget Workshop – Chairman Cobb has scheduled a budget workshop for Friday, December 1, 2017 at 8:00 am to discuss the 2018 budget. While discussing the budget Mark R. Cobb mentioned in reviewing the electrical expense for next year there potentially could be a 30% increase in that expense.
3. CMP Invoices – William J. Mageary mentioned the invoices for the Williams Property. William is suggesting during the budget process the Selectmen examine the cost to maintain electricity with a monthly cost of $10.18 for zero usage.
1. Planning Board Agenda and Minutes
2. York County Sheriff's Report
3. Budget Committee Agenda for November 15, 2017
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 7:43 PM. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
December 17, 2017 11:49 PM