|January 10, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
January 2, 2018
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, January 2, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
In Attendance: Roland Legere and Jennifer Roux
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes from December 26, 2017. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Roland Legere mentioned that a Conditional Use Permit application has been received from the Town of Sanford for the necessary work needed at the Emery Mills Dam. The Planning Board will be reviewing the paperwork received.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Williams Property - Request – The Executive Secretary updated the BOS regarding the request to have a wedding ceremony at the William’s property. A user agreement has been created for the Williams Property based on recommendations from Maine Municipal Risk Pool. At this time the request has been retracted by the bride to be.
2. Budget Workshop – A workshop has been scheduled with the Board of Selectmen for Tuesday, January 9th at 6:00 pm at the Shapleigh Town Hall.
3. Non-participation from a Recreation Committee Member – Michael S. Perro asked if the member who is not participating in the committee resigned. At this time there has not been a letter of resignation. The Executive Secretary will reach out one more time to see if this person wants to stay on the committee.
4. Fire Department Equipment – Michael S. Perro asked if the Fire Chief had received the gear from the member who resigned. At this time the equipment has not been received by the Chief. Follow up will take place with the Fire Chief.
1. Cummings, Lamont & McNamee Audit Agreement – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to sign the one year agreement for auditing services as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. PTO Request for the CEO – Motion made Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the CEO’s request for PTO for a total of 4 days. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Certificates of Appointment for the Fire Chief and Rescue Chief of Services – The certificates were signed as presented.
4. Thanks to the Transfer Station Employees – Michael S. Perro wanted to recognize the staff at the Transfer Station for working this past weekend during the below zero temps. They did a great job.
5. Damage to the Door at the Public Safety Building – William J. Mageary mentioned he would like to see an incident report for the damage caused by the automatic door closing down on the fire truck. William stated he has reviewed the invoice for the damages which have been repaired. Follow up with the Fire Chief is needed.
I. No 12 Town Group Meeting this month
II. Road Commissioner North asked to plow around the solar panels
III. Planning Board approved minutes
IV. Planning Board Letters
2. Cummings, Lamont & McNamee Audit agreement
3. PTO Request for CEO
4. Certificates of Appointments for Duane Romano – Fire Chief and Michael Deshaies – Rescue Chief of Service
Adjourn –Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded William J. Mageary to adjourn at 7:24 PM. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
January 19, 2018 8:07 PM