|January 17, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
January 9, 2018
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, January 9, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
In Attendance: Skip Bartosch, Art Ingersol, Roland Legere and Jennifer Roux
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes from January 2, 2018. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Acton/Shapleigh Patrol Car - The Executive Secretary updated the BOS regarding the old patrol car that Shapleigh and Acton own since they have purchased a new patrol car for the contract Deputy. It appears that YC Sheriff’s department thought that the Town no longer wanted the patrol car and that both Towns were donating this vehicle to YC to be used by them. That is not the case. At this time the BOS would like to offer the patrol car to YC Sheriff’s Department for a sales price of $1,000 which funds would be divided by both towns. This matter will be discussed with the Acton Board of Selectmen.
2. Turn Out Gear FD – The Board of Selectmen would like confirmation that the turn out gear along with any Town owned equipment has been returned to the Town from the member who resigned recently. The Board of Selectmen have established a deadline for this matter to be resolved will be Friday, January 12, 2018.
1. Dedication of Town Report - The Executive Secretary would like to suggest dedicating the Town Report to Bill Hutchins. The BOS were in full agreement with this suggestion.
2. Town Report Cover – William J. Mageary would like to recommend a photo of the solar power array be the cover for the Town report. The BOS were in full agreement with this suggestion.
1. Planning Board Agenda
2. Conditional Use Permit from the Town of Sanford for the Emery mills dam.
Adjourn –Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded William J. Mageary to adjourn at 7:19 PM. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
February 25, 2018 6:37 PM