|January 31, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
January 23, 2018
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, January 23, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
In Attendance: Skip Bartosch and Jennifer Roux
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes from January 16, 2018. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
1. Skip Bartosch spoke to the BOS regarding the recent resignation of Marcel Blouin, Park and Recreation Director for the City of Sanford. Part of Marcel’s position was overseeing the Emery Mills Dam. A discussion took place regarding the overseeing of the Emery Mills Dam and the Mousam Lake Dam Coalition lack of meetings and no communication from the City of Sanford.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Stand-by Generator – William J. Mageary and Mark R. Cobb met with a representative from Moriarty Electric Company regarding a cost proposal for a stand-by generator for the Town Hall. A price proposal should be received by Friday for the Selectmen to review.
2. Revision Energy – William J. Mageary mentioned the TV monitoring system has been installed at Town Hall. The monitor will display the Solar power that is being generated in Town.
1. Map 10, Lot 22 Ferrera Jr. – The BOS reviewed the escrow agreement that was signed on September 8, 2015 concerning the performance guaranty for reclamation of mining operation which hasn’t been in operation for some time. The property has recently been sold. The direction of the Board of Selectmen was to seek advice from legal counsel on how to proceed.
2. Revaluation Discussion – A tentative meeting date has been scheduled in March to meet with John O’Donnell’s to discuss the revaluation process.
3. Transfer Station Vacancy – The BOS have scheduled an interview for Friday, January 26, 2018 at 9:00 am.
4. Review of Draft Warrant – The Executive Secretary discussed the draft warrant with the Selectmen. Budget Committee will be meeting on Thursday evening and will be discussing the warrant. A discussion took place regarding the Public Safety Administrative position. Currently, there is not a warrant article seeking funding for this position. The Board will review the draft warrant.
5. Rescue Purchase Order – The BOS reviewed the two purchase orders as presented. Motion was made William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the purchase of a Defender HD 1080p 8 Channel camera system. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
6. Shapleigh CEO Memo – The BOS read the memo from the CEO regarding the State of Maine public boat ramp on Mousam Lake Map 18, Lot 15. After reviewing the BOS decision was in agreement with the CEO recommendation which is to stay the course and continue to proceed without Town review. This is a state owned property where they will need the necessary permits from Dep.
7. CAS Invoice for Payment – William J. Mageary mentioned the price proposal was for installing 6 double lockers at the Public Safety Building but only 5 double lockers were installed. This invoice will be placed on hold for further follow up.
8. Invoice for Badges for Rescue – This invoice will be placed on hold until further follow up can take place. The shipping cost for these items is ridiculous
1. DHHS Letter RE: General Assistance
2. Notice of Recreation Committee Meeting
3. Budget Committee Meeting Minutes Draft
2. Letter to Recreation Committee Member
Adjourn –Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded William J. Mageary to adjourn at 7:55 PM. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
February 25, 2018 6:37 PM