|February 14, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
January 30, 2018
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, January 30, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
In Attendance: Skip Bartosch, Nancy Small, Duffy Gold, Lindsey Hunt, Art Ingersoll, and Jennifer Roux
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes as written. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
1. Nancy Small asked to speak to the BOS regarding why they are opposed to establishing a committee for just the Public Safety Building. Nancy spoke of the reserve fund balance of $30,000 for the Public Safety Building. It would make sense to move forward with this issue instead of waiting for the Capital Improvements Committee. Chairman Cobb’s response the CIC can do more than focus on one project.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Review of Warrant – At this time the Selectmen are reviewing the warrant. The Budget Committee is in the process of completing their recommendations on the warrant.
2. Old Patrol Car – The Board of Selectmen mentioned the $500.00 check has been received for the old patrol car from York County. Acton also received their $500.00 check as well. The title for the old patrol car and the new patrol car was discussed. It was mentioned at this time the County has title to the vehicle. The BOS would like to find out why the Town’s of Acton and Shapleigh are not listed on the title since both Towns purchased the vehicle.
3. Galls Invoice – A brief discussion took place concerning the purchase and freight costs for a small order. Assistant Chief of Rescue explained the badges are needed for the squad to have all the same ribbons, medals, etc. The BOS disagreed that you need to make sure the squad all looks the same. The reason the freight was so expensive is because the medals are packaged carefully and individually so they don’t get damaged. It was agreed this is a discussion to have the Rescue Chief of Service.
4. Recycling Containers for Shapleigh Memorial School – Michael S. Perro mentioned he is in the process of trying to allocate a dumpster for the Shapleigh Memorial School to encourage their recycling program. At this time the recycling program is at the early stages, more information is needed. Duffy Gold mentioned a recycling container should be placed at the sports fields as well.
5. Revision Energy – Michael S. Perro mentioned he has spoken to Revision Energy regarding have the invoices itemized. The itemized invoices should show up next month.
1. Candidate’s Night – The Board agreed to conduct a Candidate’s night on Monday, February 26, 2018 at 7:00 pm. The Selectmen will review the process that has been followed in the past. More information will be forthcoming.
2. Harris Letter Re: TRIO Update – The BOS reviewed the information that has been sent from Harris/TRIO Company explain that Microsoft will no longer support TRIO’S software. An update will be needed to continue with their product. Motion made by William J. Mageary, seconded by Michael S. Perro to schedule the software update for 2019, since this item was not budgeted for 2018. This date falls within the deadline for the update. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Rescue Purchase Orders – The BOS reviewed the three purchases orders which consist of: web domain, hotspot for internet services and Ipad. Assistant Chief Lindsey Hunt explained the purchases and the necessity for each purchase order. Funding for the items were explained as well. Motion made by William J. Mageary, seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the purchase orders as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Snowstorm – William J. Mageary mentioned that he would like to suggest that the Chairman of BOS make the decision regarding closing, staying open or closing early on Wednesday concerning the snowstorm that has been predicated. Michael S. Perro agreed with William J. Mageary’s suggestion.
1. CEO Letter
2. Shapleigh Community Day Scholarship Meeting Agenda Notice
3. The BOS would like to thank Skip Bartosch for providing the photos of the solar panels for the Town report.
2. (3) Purchase Orders for Rescue Squad
Adjourn –Motion made by William J. Mageary, seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 7:51 PM. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
March 22, 2018 9:59 AM