|February 28, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
February 20, 2018
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, February 20, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
In Attendance: Darren Rogers, Fury Rogers, Nancy Small, Duffy Gold, Lindsey LaCourse, Art Ingersoll, Roland Legere, Denise DeAngelis and Jennifer Roux
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Chairman Mark R. Cobb stated he would be relinquishing his position as Chairman of the Board of Selectmen at this time.
Motion was made by Mark R. Cobb, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to appoint William J. Mageary as the Chairman of the Board of Selectmen. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to amend the minutes from February 13, 2018. Michael S. Perro feels the section under public comment should be deleted since the Selectmen’s meetings are not a format for campaigning. For this reason, his motion is to amend the minutes with removing the public comment section. William J. Mageary stated because this in fact happened at the meeting it cannot be deleted from the minutes. Motion failed 1 in favor – 1 opposed with 1 abstention Cobb. Motion made Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the minutes as written. No further discussion. Motion carried 2 in favor 1 abstention Cobb.
1. Roland Legere updated the Board of Selectmen with regard to the Planning Board meetings. A conditional use permit was submitted for earth moving in the shoreland district & dam repair, Map 14, Lot 16 (177 Emery Mills Road) – City of Sanford, Steven Buck applicant; John Gallant, property owner. If people would like more information please refer to the Planning Board minutes from February 1, 2018.
2. Art Ingersoll, Transfer Attendant mentioned an incident occurred at the Transfer Station. Since this is a personnel matter no further discussion was allowed at this time. The Executive Secretary will follow up with this matter.
3. Darren Rogers asked to speak to the Board of Selectmen concerning a recent discussion that took place with the topic of Rescue personnel not being allowed to sleep at the Public Safety Building. Darren provided the BOS with data from the various State agencies relating to the rules and regulations for allowing emergency personnel to rest/sleep during slow periods. However, the Board of Selectmen’ position is there will be no beds or cots at the PSB. There will be no sleeping at the PSB. Darren disagreed with the Board of Selectmen decision. Darren is concerned with the 24 hour per diem staffing that members won’t take on night hours since rescue members are not allowed to sleep during slow periods during their night shift.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Warrant Recommendations – The Board of Selectmen met at 6:30 pm prior to tonight’s meeting to review their recommendations. The BOS signed the 2018 warrant as presented.
2. Candidate’s Night Information Packet – Chairman Mageary mentioned that he along with Michael S. Perro had a workshop at 5:00 pm this evening to review candidate’s questions and the procedure for the candidates night scheduled for Monday, February 26, 2018. An updated question list was given to both candidates running for the Selectman position.
1. Abatement for Account 2776 – Mark R. Cobb reviewed the abatement. The land was adjusted to reflect site improvement and level 2 and the buildings were adjusted to reflect the current grade and condition. Motion made by Mark R. Cobb, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the abatement for TRIO account 2776 in the amount of $192.95 in tax dollars. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
1. Planning Board Minutes
2. Recreation Notice of Meeting
3. Rescue Minutes
4. Planning Board letters
2. 2018 Warrant
3. 2018 TANS Bids
Adjourn –Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to adjourn at 7:43 PM. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
March 22, 2018 9:59 AM