|March 07, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
February 27, 2018
Call to Order
William j. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Michael S. Perro and Mark R. Cobb in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
In Attendance: Duffy Gold, Art Ingersoll, Skip Bartosch and Jennifer Roux
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to approve the minutes of February 20, 2018. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
Public Comment: None
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Cemetery on Back Road – Mark R. Cobb stated that he investigated further the damage to the cemetery fence on Back Road. The fence is broken off in three places. It was noted that Ron Rivard will be following up on the damage with the Board. It’s the opinion of Ron this damage was caused by the snowplowing contractor when he was plowing the snow.
2. Candidates Night – Michael S. Perro stated in his opinion the candidates night that was held on Monday, February 26, 2018 went very well.
3. Recycling Dumpster – Jennifer Roux asked if there had been any follow up on obtaining a recycling dumpster for the Shapleigh Memorial School. The Executive Secretary stated she is in the process of contacting several companies to see if there is one available. At this time, she has not been able to get confirmation.
1. PTO Requests for the CEO and Executive Secretary – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to approve the following PTO:
i. CEO – Friday, March 9, 2018
ii. Executive Secretary – Thursday, March 15 – Tuesday March 20th.
No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Winter Plowing – A discussion took place regarding complaints with the snowplowing in the Northern District. It was determined based on the contract language a letter will be sent to the plowing contractor outlining the areas that need to be improved upon before the next snowstorm.
1. Audit Report
2. Planning Board Agenda
3. RSU 57 Notice of Meeting Agenda
2. PTO Requests
Adjourn –Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to adjourn at 7:14 PM. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
March 22, 2018 10:00 AM