|March 28, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
March 20, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, March 20, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Cheryl Averill, Office Assistant. Karla Bergeron was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
In Attendance: Art Ingersoll, Roland Legere, Steve Fleming, Sam Fleming, Nathan Gallant, Skip Bartosch, Caleb Chessie and Hunter Smigelski,
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro welcomed newly elected Selectman Jennifer Roux to the Board.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· BOS agreed the approval of previous minutes would be included on the agenda for next week’s meeting.
· Sam Fleming requested approval from the Board of Selectmen to pursue an Eagle Scout project at the Williams Property, which in part, includes re-staining the benches, clearing trails and brush removal. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer Roux for Sam to move forward with this project. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Roland Legere asked the BOS to clarify the policy regarding cancellation of a regularly scheduled Tuesday meeting. Michael S. Perro clarified stating that in the event of a cancellation, the meeting and agenda in question would carry over to the following Tuesday meeting unless there was something on the agenda that needs to be acted on more urgently, in which case, meeting would be rescheduled sooner.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
· John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
· Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, along with Hunter Smigelski provided an update on road conditions and driveway damages following the latest snowstorms. Hunter stated he would purchase asphalt and make repairs to the damaged driveway skirts in the spring. The BOS acknowledged and appreciated the proactive approach and requested the Road Commissioner explain the schedule of repairs to the homeowners affected.
In addition, The BOS agreed that damage to the cemetery fence on Back Road was a result of heavy snow load and plowed bankings. The Executive Secretary will follow up with Ron Rivard regarding replacement and plans for moving forward.
· Motion was made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer Roux reaffirming the appointment of William J. Mageary as the Chairman of the Board of Selectmen. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
i. 2018 TANS Bid Opening– William J. Mageary, Chairman opened the two bids received from SIS and Biddeford Savings. The Board of Selectmen agreed, after a brief discussion, to refer the bids to the Treasurer for further review and recommendations. The BOS will vote on this matter next week.
i. Performance Evaluation– To be completed by William J. Mageary.
ii. Scott Air Pack Bid Review – Following a review and discussion confirming the availability of funding, Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer Roux to grant the bid to IPS, for $51,660.00. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
iii. Shapleigh Commons Reservation– Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer Roux to approve Recreation Committee's request for an Easter Egg Hunt to be held March 24, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
iv. Letter From Resident re: snowplowing – Additional information is necessary. The Executive Secretary will follow up with confirmation of the Maine Statute pertaining to the town's ROW. The BOS will review at the next meeting.
v. CMP Invoices – The BOS would like the Executive Secretary to contact CMP for the William’s property if the Town were to disconnect the power and reconnect during the summer months, what would the cost difference be to what the Town is currently paying with leaving the electricity connected all year.
vi. Proposed Marina on Emery Mills Road – Michael S. Perro asked Planning Board member, Roland Legere where the application is at this time. Roland responded that the 90 days for the applicant to report back to the Planning Board with more information is about to lapse. If that happens the applicant will need to re-apply.
vii. Salt – William J. Mageary is seeking a motion to approve the purchase of additional salt for winter maintenance. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the purchase of one additional truckload of salt. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
i. ISO Letter
ii. Policy Workshop will be scheduled in the coming weeks
iii. Planning Board Agenda
iv. Planning Board Letter
v. RSU 57 Agenda and Minutes – 3/26/18 Budget Review Session, MHS Auditorium – 6:30 p.m.
vi. 12 Town Group Meeting – Aging in Place: A Resource Guide is available at the Town Hall and Library
Adjourn – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer Roux to adjourn at 7:58. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Cheryl Averill, Office Assistant.
Board of Selectmen
April 27, 2018 4:20 AM