|May 16, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
May 8, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, May 8, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
In Attendance: Skip Bartosch, Roland Legere and Art Ingersoll
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Approval of the minutes for May 1, 2018, Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer Roux to accept as written. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Art mentioned the Shapleigh Fire Warden stopped by the Transfer Station to inform Art of what materials are acceptable to burn in the burn pit. The Executive Secretary will contact DEP to gather more information in regards to what materials are acceptable to burn in the burn pit. In discussing the Transfer Station, the Selectmen asked Art about the refrigerator that had food and other materials left inside of it. Art explained that the materials are still in the refrigerator. Michael S. Perro and William J. Mageary will take care of disposing of the food materials on Wednesday. Follow up will take place with the owner of the refrigerator who disposed of it with food left inside of it. Art has been instructed to fill out the Transfer Station disposal form completely.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Sports Fields – William J. Mageary mentioned he had addressed the safety issue with the broken child’s bouncy animal at the Sports fields. The piece of equipment has been removed.
2. CEO Position – William J. Mageary reported the process continues with a couple of interviews being scheduled for this week.
3. Invoice from the Town of Acton/EMS – This invoice will remain on hold to allow for further follow up with the Rescue Chief in Acton regarding the mutual aid call.
4. Policy Workshop – will be held on Monday, May 21th, 8:00 am/Shapleigh Town Hall.
i. Certificate of Appointments: Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to appoint Kathy Fagan and Sandra Anderson to the Shapleigh Community Day Committee. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
ii. Maine Municipal Association – Nominations to the MMA Legislative Policy Committee for 2018-2020 – At this time the Board had no nominations for the legislative Policy Committee.
iii. Mousam Watershed Dam Coalition – Chairman Mageary mentioned the MWDC met on Friday, May 4th, 2018, where Roland Legere was named as the Chairman and Michael S. Perro was named Vice Chairman of this committee. Roland reported it is his hope to improve the overall communication with the MWDC members. Currently, there is one vacancy for the Town of Acton. Jennifer J. Roux mentioned they are in the process of nominating someone to this committee. August 3, 2018 and November 2, 2018 are the next scheduled meetings for this committee.
iv. Capital Improvements Committee – William J. Mageary mentioned this group met this evening before the BOS meeting. This was the initial meeting where the BOS gave the mission statement and what the purpose is of this committee.
1. Planning Board Agenda
2. Capital Improvements Committee will meet on Monday, May 21, 2018 at 7:00 pm/Town Hall
3. Southern Maine Planning & Development Commission Annual Dinner – two Selectmen will be attending.
2. Certificates of Appointments – Kathy Fagan and Sandra Anderson
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux., Seconded Michael S. Perro at 8:00 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
June 23, 2018 7:08 PM