|May 23, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 6:00 pm
May 15, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, May 15, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
In Attendance: Nathan Gallant and Art Ingersoll
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Approval of the minutes for May 8, 2018, Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to accept as written. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Nathan Gallant, Town Forest Trustee and Williams Property Advisory Committee member was asked to attend tonight’s meeting in order to give the BOS an update on the various committees he is appointed to.
· Williams Property – the committee met last week where the group walked the Williams property and discussed what areas need to be addressed this year such as the lookout tower, installing new culverts on the Nason Road side of the property and marked out an area to clear trees in order to improve the views. Boy Scout – Eagle Project has begun where the Boy Scout is working on completing the trail at the Williams Property that had gotten started but never completed. The benches are scheduled to be painted this year.
· Town Beach was opened today for the summer season. The BOS asked who checks on the beach area and makes sure the bathroom area is cleaned? Nate explained that currently there is not one person in charge of checking the Town beach. This is an area that needs to be discussed further with the Trustees.
· Art Ingersol presented the BOS with a timeline regarding the refrigerator that was left at the Transfer Station with food materials inside of it. The BOS stated there was clear instructions to dispose of the materials inside the refrigerator which didn’t get done in a timely matter. Michael S. Perro and William J. Mageary took care of the disposing of the materials.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Invoice from the Town of Acton/EMS – The invoice was signed as presented. It was determined the Town of Acton has a policy when a paramedic performs mutual aid and the Town where the service is being administered that municipality will be billed for those services. The Town of Shapleigh will be looking at creating a policy regarding this same service.
2. CEO Position – The process continues. The BOS hope to have a decision by the end of the week.
3. Revision Energy – Michael S. Perro mentioned that he has been in contact with Revision Energy, who is following up with CMP to make a determination if the town’s accounts are being credited towards the CMP invoices for solar power that is being generated.
i. Performance Evaluation – Jennifer J. Roux will be completing the evaluation for the Transfer Station Attendant.
ii. 12 Town Group – William J. Mageary along with Michael S. Perro attended this meeting. The attendance was low. There will be no meeting during the summer months.
1. York County Sheriff’s Department Monthly Report
2. Community Day Minutes for May 3, 2018
3. Williams Advisory Committee Minutes
2. RSU 57 Warrant and Notice of Election
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux., Seconded Michael S. Perro at 6:35 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
June 23, 2018 7:08 PM