|May 30, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
May 22, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, May 22, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
In Attendance: Roland Legere, Skip Bartosch, Kim Gendreau, Rikki Foglio and Art Ingersoll
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Approval of the minutes for May 15, 2018, Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to accept as written. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Kim Gendreau, Library Board of Trustees Chairman and Rikki Foglio, Librarian spoke to the BOS regarding the damage at the Library. A claim has been filed with Maine Municipal Association, who had their insurance adjuster investigate the damage. Roof repairs are needed immediately along with the interior water damage. The BOS along with Kim reviewed the Library budget to determine where the funding will be taken from for the necessary repairs. Kim had received one price quote for the damages but will contact this individual for an updated proposal regarding exterior and interior damages of the library.
· Art Ingersoll, Transfer Station Attendant mentioned he received a visit from Steve Fiske, Fire Warden for Shapleigh regarding the burn pit and what materials are acceptable to burn. More follow up is needed since there appears to be discrepancies on what materials are acceptable or not. The Executive Secretary will follow up with Steve Fiske.
· Roland Legere, Planning Board member mentioned the city of Sanford, Steve Buck, Town Manager has updated the Planning Board on moving ahead with the Emery Mills Dam work. The city of Sanford has filed a conditional use permit with the Town of Shapleigh.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Performance Evaluation – Michael S. Perro has completed the performance evaluation for the Parks Director. The BOS reviewed the completed evaluation, where a motion was made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to increase the hourly wage by $2.00, since the Parks Director has not been evaluated since being hired. For the record: The Parks Director is a as needed position with no defined hours and is part time. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. CEO Position – Chairman Mageary stated the interview process has been completed. Motion was made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to offer the position to Mike Demers, hours not to exceed 20 during the probationary period, job shadow with the fill in CEO for 3 – 6 months while acquiring certification. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
i. Renewal Liquor License – Shapleigh Corner Store – The BOS reviewed the renewal application that had been presented. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the renewal application as presented. There have been zero complaints concerning this establishment. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
ii. Shapleigh Commons – Memo from Rescue Chief of Service - The BOS reviewed the memo from the Rescue Chief regarding improvements to the Shapleigh Commons. The BOS is in complete support of the suggestion/improvement to the commons that the Chief is recommending. Everything he is suggesting would take several years to complete but certainly a priority list can be created along with the fundraising activities the Chief would like to implement.
iii. Rescue Squad – The BOS would like to commend and congratulate the Squad on the article that was printed in the Portland Press. Michael S. Perro also mentioned that the Rescue Squad received the regional service of the year award.
iv. PTO Request from the Executive Secretary – The BOS reviewed the request from the Executive Secretary for PTO beginning June 1 until June 8th. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the PTO request as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
v. Holiday Schedule for the 4th of July – The suggestion is the Town Hall will be closed on Tuesday and Wednesday, July 3rd and 4th for the holiday. The Board discussed this briefly and stated if the staff was in agreement with being closed for two days. The Executive Secretary stated the staff has been asked about this matter and they were all in agreement. The BOS agree the Town Hall will be closed July 3 and 4th. Art was asked to discuss this with the Transfer station employee to see how they feel about being closed on July 3rd. It has been confirmed the Transfer Station will be closed on the 3rd of July.
1. RSU 57 Agenda
2. Planning Board Agenda
3. Metrocast Report
2. Performance Evaluation
3. Renewal of liquor license for Shapleigh Corner Store
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux., Seconded Michael S. Perro at 7:48 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
June 23, 2018 7:08 PM