|June 22, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
June 12, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, June 12, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen. Jennifer J. Roux was not able to attend.
In Attendance: Ronald Rivard, Skip Bartosch and Art Ingersoll
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Approval of the minutes for June 5, 2018 will be tabled until June 19, 2018 meeting.
· Ronald Rivard, Superintendent of Cemeteries – updated the Selectmen on the work he has begun with regards to maintaining the Veteran’s cemeteries. The fence has been repaired at the Ham/Crockett cemetery on Back Road. A suggestion was made for the BOS to speak to the contracted winter plowing contractor prior to winter 2018 to put some sort of protection in front of the fence and to see if the contractor could make some adjustment when plowing around that area. Ron discussed possibly updating our tax maps with the symbol indicating the location of where a cemetery is located. The BOS thought this was a great idea. Ron will follow up. The BOS granted permission for Ron to cut a few branches from the 2 trees by the Veterans monument. The crew that will be assisting Ron this year with the maintenance are: Curtis Mills, Dick Langlais, Steve Parallo and if needed Jay Carter and Tracy Levasseur.
· Art Ingersoll, Transfer Station employee presented to the BOS a sketch of a fabricated work platform to be fabricated to be used at the Transfer Station. The BOS made a recommendation to the change the original design. The BOS would like to receive a price quote for the work platform before moving forward with this project.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Policy Review – Chairman Mageary would like to schedule a policy workshop for Friday, June 15, 2018 at 8:00 am. If board members aren’t able to attend they should submit their recommendations to the Executive Secretary before Friday’s meeting.
2. Southern Maine Planning & Development Annual Dinner – Michael S. Perro stated he is not able to attend this dinner on Wed evening due to another commitment. Michael will be attending the York County Budget meeting which has been scheduled for the same date as the annual dinner.
3. CMP Agreement between the Town of Shapleigh – This agreement is for the customer net energy billing agreement. This agreement was previously signed but after reviewing it was noticed 3 accounts were missing from the list. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to sign the amended agreement as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
i. Letter of Resignation – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to accept the letter of resignation from Nathan Gallant effective immediately with regret. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
ii. Spirt of America Foundation Award – Chairman Mageary would like to nominate Nathan Gallant for this award. Nate served on the Forest Committee, Conservation and the Williams Property Advisory Committee. He represents the definition of volunteering in your community. Michael S. Perro agreed with this nomination. The award will be presented to Nate at Shapleigh Community Days.
iii. Performance Evaluations to be Completed – The 3 evaluations were distributed for the BOS and the Executive Secretary to complete.
iv. Mousam Lake 319 Grant Proposal ASYCC - The BOS reviewed the letter of commitment which is needed to submit the grant application that has been prepared by Betty Smith, ASYCC Advisor seeking grant monies from the State of Maine to improve erosion concerns in Shapleigh. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to sign the letter of commitment as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
1. Planning Board Agenda
2. YC Sheriff’s Department Call Summary
3. EcoMaine Notice of Workshop
2. Mousam Lake 319 Grant Proposal
3. CMP Agreement
Adjourn –Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary at 7:38 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen
Board of Selectmen
July 17, 2018 5:53 AM