|October 03, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
September 25, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, September 25, 2018, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Roland Legere, Skip Bartosch and Art Ingersoll
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Approval of the minutes from September 18, 2018 – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the minutes as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Roland Legere spoke to the BOS regarding Emery Mills Dam. As of this meeting there has been no work done on the dam. Roland has reached out to several people with the City of Sanford. Roland was told that the bid specs are in the process of being created with the hopes this project will go out to bid in 2 weeks. The next scheduled meeting of the Mousam Watershed Dam Coalition will be November 2, 2018, however Roland who is the Chairman for this committee will not be available. Michael S. Perro stated he would chair the meeting on Roland’s behalf. That was acceptable to Roland. A discussion took place in regard to the lack of people on the committee being available to attend the quarterly meeting for the MWDC and the lack of communication from the City of Sanford. It was agreed a joint letter from the Town’s of Acton and Shapleigh would be sent to the City of Sanford stating the disappointment in the city of Sanford with the working relationship with Acton and Shapleigh.
1. Price Quote for a New Server – The Town Administrator presented 3 price quotes for a new server. It was mentioned a new server is necessary because of the TRIO software update that will be taking place in early 2019. The current server can not support the update.
a. Dell Computers PowerEdge T330 Intel Xeon E3 1240 v5 $2,697.00
b. Modern Wave HPE ProLiant ML30 G9 4 u Tower $3,607.05
c. Modern Wave HPE ProLiant Samsung processor $2,637.00
Our IT expert recommends purchasing the Dell processor. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the purchase of the Dell processor in the amount of $2,697.00. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Library Position – The BOS mentioned the Library Trustees have reviewed the resumes received for the Librarian vacancy. The Trustees conducted the interviews and completed the job shadowing. It is the intent of the Library Trustees to move the name of Katie Richards forward to fill the Librarian position with a rate of pay of $15.00 an hour. Chairman Mageary mentioned the BOS along with some of the Library Trustees met this evening before their regular BOS meeting to clarify the process of hiring, which is the responsibility of the Board of Selectmen. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux based on the recommendation of the Library Trustees to hire Katie Richards as the Librarian with a rate of pay of $15.00 per hour. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Library By Laws – Chairman Mageary mentioned the Library Trustees are in the process of reviewing and amending the Library by laws. The Trustees will be working with the BOS during this process.
1. Demo Cards – Chairman Mageary asked the BOS if they wanted to continue the “free” demo cards which are valid for 2 years. The BOS were in full agreement to continue offering the free loads (1 free demo load per year for 2019 & 2020). A price quote for printing and mailing has been received from Edison Press. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the bid from Edison Press in amount of $408.11 for printing; $286.69 for mailing. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Sports fields Parking Lot – Chairman Mageary mentioned the gravel parking lot at the sports fields is in need of being graded. The BOS agreed to have Road Commissioner, North use his bucket truck to grade this area.
3. Speed Trailer – Chairman Mageary mentioned the speed trailer has been put in service and is currently on Goose Pond Road. It was suggested that a speed limit sign be placed on the trailer to indicate what the speed limit is for that road.
4. Hydrants – Michael S. Perro mentioned the Fire Chief spoke to him about the need of purchasing a new coupling tool which would be better than the tools they use now. This would be one tool instead of several tools needed for the hydrants. This is a specialized tool with a cost of between $275.00 - $550.00. The Fire Chief is in the process of trying to seek out bids for this tool.
5. Payroll Sheets – Michael S. Perro would like to see the employee date of hire on all payroll sheets. This will assist the Selectmen in knowing when a performance evaluation is due.
6. Executive Session for a Personnel Matter – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux. Seconded by Michael S. Perro to enter an Executive Session for a personnel matter pursuant to 1 MRSA 405 (6)(a) at 7:37 pm. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. The BOS came out of their Executive Session at 8:04 pm.
1. Planning Board Agenda
2. Certificate of Completion Joanne Bargioni – Local Health Officer
3. CIC Minutes for August 9, 2018
4. RSU 57 Agenda
5. 2018/19 Road Salt Bid Results
Adjourn –Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to adjourn at 8:05 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
October 20, 2018 4:11 PM