|November 14, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
November 6, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, November 6, 2018 with Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator. Jennifer J. Roux was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
In Attendance: Roland Legere
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Approval of the minutes from October 30, 2018 – motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the minutes as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
Public Comment: None
1. Cost of Educational Classes/Rescue – at the request of Selectman Roux this matter will be carried over until the full Board can be present.
2. Maine Municipal Association Annual Dues 2019 - The BOS reviewed the document where it was decided to utilize option 1 which is to receive the credit in one lump sum in 2019 to help offset the MMA 2019 membership dues.
1. Town Administrator PTO Request – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded William J. Mageary to approve the PTO request of the Town Administrator for December 10 -14, 2018. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Capital Improvements Committee – Michael S. Perro asked if the BOS Chairman had an opportunity to speak to the CIC regarding their mission. Chairman Mageary stated he attended the last CIC meeting where he reviewed the mission statement with the members. Chairman Mageary mentioned the committee has scheduled a site inspection of all of the Town’s bridges. It was recently mentioned the CIC has some safety concerns. Mageary informed the CIC members that those concerns should be brought to the BOS attention.
3. Fire Chief – Chairman Mageary mentioned he spoke to the Fire Chief regarding the Fire Department member who is on restrictions. The Chief understands the situation and will follow protocol.
1. Shapleigh Recreation Agenda and Meeting Minutes
2. Rescue Squad Agenda
3. MWDC Meeting Thursday, November 7 - 10:00 am – Sanford
4. November 11 at 11 Veterans Memorial Ceremony at Southern Maine Veterans Cemetery
5. 14 Town Communication Meeting – November 7th – evening meeting
6. York County Spirit of America presentation at 3:30 on November 7, 2018 – York County Sheriff’s building
2. Lions Club Letter for Fuel Assistance Donation
Adjourn –Motion made by Michael S. Perro. Seconded by William J. Mageary to adjourn at 7:21 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
December 11, 2018 9:20 AM