|November 28, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
November 13, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, November 13, 2018 with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Roland Legere, Duffy Gold, Nancy Small, Bob Kirton, Lindsey Lacourse, Mike Demers, Skip Bartosh and Art Ingersoll
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Approval of the minutes from November 6, 2018 – motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the minutes as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. Jennifer J. Roux abstained from voting since she was not in attendance for that meeting.
Duffy Gold spoke to the BOS regarding the York County Public Transit Forum meeting that was held in Kennebunk. This was a very informative meeting. A major concern is the rural communities suffer from lack of public transportation. Varies towns shared needs and worked on long range transportation plans. The public forum was hosted by: Age-Friendly committees of Kennebunk, Saco, OOB, Biddeford, Kennebunk, Maine DOT, York County Community Action Corp, Southern Maine Planning & Development and Biddeford-Saco-OOB Transit.
Duffy Gold discussed the Public Building Budget or the fact the Budget Committee has not received a budget. If there is no budget who will make the decision for the operating budget for 2019. Chairman Mageary stated based on policy the Selectmen would establish that budget. A meeting will be scheduled with the Fire Chief, Rescue Chief of Service and the EMA Director to establish the 2019 operating budget for the public safety building.
1. Cost of Educational Classes/Rescue – Chairman Mageary read the response from MMA legal regarding entering into a loan agreement with an employee of the Town. Basically, without voter approval the Selectmen do not have that authority. Jennifer J. Roux mentioned that she met with the Treasurer to review the Rescue Squad’s donation account along with the warrant article establishing the Charles Gruber Memorial Scholarship fund. Michael S. Perro also commented that in the past many Rescue members received their educational expenses paid for by the Town for exchange for services. Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S Perro to support the request as long as the Selectmen review the service agreement and how long the members must stay on the squad to honor the commitment for service to the Town. Funding for this request will be from the Rescue donation account. This will be tabled pending further information. No further discussion. Motion passed.
2. Invoice for Educational Materials – The Rescue Chief emailed the BOS why the 8 CPR/First Aid sets were ordered and received. Chairman Mageary stated that based on policy he felt that prior to ordering these materials a purchase order should have been submitted to the BOS. Lindsey Lacourse explained that for materials such as these there is only one company the Town can order from. The materials are very specific to training. Michael S. Perro felt this purchase was part of their normal operating budget and wouldn’t need a purchase order. At this time the Selectmen approved the invoice for payment. Further follow up will be discussed with the Rescue Chief.
3. Speed Trailer – Chairman Mageary mentioned with the prediction of snow on Friday, the speed trailer should be stored for the winter season. Michael S. Perro stated he would take care of this matter.
1. Map 7 Lot 50-B Thomas Vaccaro - The Town Administrator stated the owner has been in contact with her as well as the CEO regarding the current condition of her property and past taxes that are due. The owner anticipates paying the 2016 taxes by the end of November once the taxes are paid, she will be taking care of the property. This property was declared unsafe for human occupancy or use.
2. 6 Month Performance Evaluation – The 6-month evaluation needs to be completed for the Code Enforcement Officer. William J. Mageary has agreed to complete the evaluation with the assistance of the Town Administrator. The CEO will also complete a self-evaluation on his job performance.
3. PTO Request From the Land Use Secretary – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the PTO request as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Mousam Lake Watershed Dam Coalition – Chairman Mageary asked Roland Legere for an overview of the meeting that was held last week. Roland summarized who the members are for this committee, reviewed the scope of the engineering for the Emery Mills Dam repairs along with the timeline for phase 1 of the project. The next meeting will be held on December 4, 2018 at 8:00 am Sanford City hall.
1. York County Monthly Patrol Summary
2. Library Minutes
3. Mousam Watershed Dam Coalition
4. CIC Agenda for November 15th meeting
5. Planning Board Agenda
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 8:02 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
December 11, 2018 8:18 AM