|December 05, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 8:00 am
November 28, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Wednesday, November 28, 2018 with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Steve Fleming, Ronald Rivard and Skip Bartosh
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Approval of the minutes from November 13, 2018 – motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the minutes as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Steve Fleming (Map 6, Lot 36) – asked to speak to the BOS regarding the plowing on the Gulf Road. There is a problem with how the plowing contractor plows the snow. Mr. Fleming lives at the end of Gulf Road. This problem has been going on for two years where the snow is dumped in his driveway instead of pushing the snow to one side. The BOS thanked Mr. Fleming for speaking with them and the Selectmen will discuss this problem with the contracted vendor and the Road Commissioner, North.
· Ronald Rivard, Superintendent of Cemeteries – reviewed with the Selectmen what he has been working on during the past several months. He is in the process of restoring the Stanley cemetery on Gulf Road. He repaired the fence at the Ham/Crockett cemetery that was damaged during the past winter. Ron will be providing the Town Administrator with the digital map coordinates, so the cemeteries can be located on the Town maps. Southern Maine Veterans Cemetery has received a 3.8-million-dollar grant from the State of Maine. This year completes Ron 18th year working in the cemeteries. The BOS along with the residents of Shapleigh thank Ron for his dedication and commitment to the Town.
1. Cost of Educational Classes/Rescue – Selectman Perro commented he is not opposed to paying for continuing education and entering into an agreement with employee with there1 are some conditions/criteria that need to be changed on the agreement. The expectations are not realistic. The BOS would like to know the number of runs and response from providers. This will remain under unfinished business to allow for further follow up.
2. Speed Trailer – It was noted the speed trailer needs to put into storage now that winter is here. The Town Administrator will be speaking with the Fire Chief and Rescue Chief of Service to see if the speed trailer can be stored at the Public Safety Building.
1. Rescue Squad Body Armor Vests – The BOS discussed the different price quotes and why they did or didn’t feel this purchase was necessary. Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the Rescue Squad’s purchase order for body armor vests. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Photocopier KM2530 Cleaning Costs – The Town Administrator mentioned the costs for the cleaning would be $165.00 since the copier is no longer under warranty. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the cost to the have the KM2530 cleaned. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. CAI Technologies Annual Maintenance Agreement – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to sign the yearly agreement as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Executive Session Pursuant to 1 MRSA 405 (6)(a) – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to enter into an Executive Session Pursuant to 1 MRSA 405(6)(a) for possible employee disciplinary action at 8:50 am. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. The BOS came out of the Executive Session at 8: 57am. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to put the Transfer Station Attendant on a 30-day suspension without pay with a 6 month probationary period. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Revision Energy – Michael S. Perro mentioned he had received an email from Revision Energy wanted to schedule the yearly inspection of the solar panels. William J. Mageary stated he is available to meet with them on Wednesday, Dec 5, 2018. Michael S. Perro will schedule that inspection with Revision. John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North will be contacted to see if he would be able to plow the snow that has accumulated in between the solar panels.
6. 12 Town Group – It was duly noted that this group no longer meets. A letter will be sent to the Chairman to inquire about getting the Town of Shapleigh’s dues returned.
1. CEO Educational Certification
2. Letter From Bourque & Clegg Rates for 2019
3. Planning Board Public Hearing Notice
4. Planning Board Minutes
5. Notice of Nomination Papers
Adjourn –Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 9:14 am. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
January 19, 2019 5:20 AM