|December 27, 2018|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
December 4, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, December 4, 2018 with Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator. Michael S. Perro was not able to attend tonight’s meeting
In Attendance: Diane Huggard, Rob Huggard, Kim Gendreau, Eileen Glover, Roland Legere, Art Ingersoll, Richard Nason and Pamela Snowe
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Approval of the minutes from November 28, 2018 – motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the minutes as read. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
· Diane and Rob Huggard asked to speak to the BOS regarding an ongoing issue with water running across the road on Back Road and creating issues on their property. The Huggard’s discussed the areas of concern and how they have reached out to the Road Commissioner, Code Enforcement Officer and the BOS. The CEO offered his advice to the situation along with photos showing the water issue. The BOS thanked the Huggard’s for speaking to them this evening. The next step will be the BOS meeting with the Road Commissioner, South to discuss this matter further.
· Shapleigh Library – Kim Gendreau, Chairman of the Library Trustees along with other Library Trustees asked to speak to the BOS regarding their 2019 budget and building repairs that are needed to be completed in 2019. It was suggested the Library Trustees have a separate article for the necessary repairs in the 2019 warrant. A possible funding source might be the Capital Improvements Fund. The BOS along with Kim discussed the line items in the Library budget and the current balance. It was noted that even though the line item in their budget might be overdrawn the overall Library budget has a balance. At this time the Amazon Invoice was not approved for payment since one Selectman approved the invoice and one Selectman did not. An exchange of words took place between Selectman Roux and Selectman Mageary. Jennifer J. Roux wanted it noted for the minutes that there are currently several line items that are overdrawn but the bottom line is fine. This matter will be carried over.
· Roland Legere, Chairman of Mousam Dam Watershed Coalition updated the BOS regarding the meeting that was held this am. Two bids were received for the dam repairs. The bids came in over the estimated amount. The bids were rejected and the MWDC will re-bid the project with amendment to the scope.
1. Cost of Educational Classes/Rescue – This matter will be carried over as unfinished business to allow for a discussion with the full Board of Selectmen.
2. Performance Evaluation for CEO - The BOS reviewed the evaluation which was approved as written. Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by William J Mageary to employment status change to permanent full-time employee. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
1. Certificate of Appointment CEO/LPI – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by William J. Mageary to appoint Mike Demers as the CEO/LPI for one year. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Transfer Station Attendant – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by William J. Mageary to accept the resignation of Arthur Ingersoll as the Transfer Station Attendant with regret. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. Art stated for the record he resigned due to the micromanaging of every department in Town by the Selectmen.
3. Budget Workshop – William J. Mageary stated budget workshops need to be scheduled to discuss the overall budget of the Town for 2019. Jennifer J. Roux stated she is available Monday’s and Thursday’s in the morning or before a BOS meeting on Tuesdays.
1. MWDC Minutes and Bids
2. Letter from a Shapleigh Resident in support of the re-election of Michael Deshaies as Rescue Chief of Service
3. CEO Certification
4. CEO Letter of Violation
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by William J. Mageary to adjourn at 7:48 am. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
January 19, 2019 5:10 AM