|January 09, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 8:30 am
December 20, 2018
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 8:30 am on Thursday, December 20, 2018 with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Mike Deshaies and Lindsey Martin- Hunt
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: minutes for the December 11, 2018 minutes are not completed at this time.
1. Discussion of Appointment of Rescue Chief of Service – The Selectmen reviewed the credentials for the 2 nominations for Rescue Chief of Service. Since it was a tie vote the BOS would like to give consideration to both candidates. After careful review and consideration, Motion was made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to appoint Michael Deshaies for Rescue Chief of Service. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. Going forward it is the hope that the Fire Department and Rescue Department can mutually work together for the benefit of Shapleigh.
2. Discussion of Transfer Station Position – The Selectmen reviewed the personnel files for the regular employee and fill in employee who have both expressed an interest in filling the current vacancy. Based on experience and certifications, Motion was made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to appoint Michael Roy as a regular employee of the Transfer Station. Salaries for both employees will be increased to $12.00 per hour. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously. It was noted that the Town employee George Ellis has done an outstanding job with the recycling program at the Transfer Station. The Town is receiving accolades from ECO Maine on how well the recyclables are being disposed of at the Transfer Station.
3. CEO Purchase – The BOS reviewed the cost comparisons for 4 tablets/iPad for the CEO. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the purchase of Samsung Electronics SM-T830NZKLXAR with cover keyboard in the amount of $792.97. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Town Administrator Salary - Jennifer J. Roux discussed the current salary structure for the Town Administrator. Jennifer explained how beneficial it would be to make that position salaried. The Town Administrator has been employed by the Town for over 20 years. She answers emails, phone calls and deals with emergency situation when not at work. It is difficult to keep track of all of the extra responsibilities that she does on a regular basis when not at Town Hall. Motion was made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to change the salary structure for the Town Administrator to salaried beginning Jan 1, 2019. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
VII. Information: None
2. COA – Rescue Chief of Service – Michael Deshaies
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by William J. Mageary to adjourn at 9:04 am. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
March 18, 2019 2:01 PM