|January 16, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
January 8, 2019
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, January 8, 2019 with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Kim Gendreau, Eileen Glover, Mike Demers and Roland Legere
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: minutes for: December 11, 2019 – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to accept as written. Motion carried unanimously. December 18, 2018 – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to accept as written. Motion carried unanimously. December 20, 2018 - Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to accept as written. Motion carried unanimously.
Public Comment: None
1. Library Repairs – Chairman of the Library Trustees, Kim Gendreau asked to speak to the board concerning updating the handicap ramp to meet ADA requirements. Kim contacted various contractors to get a cost estimate for the handicap ramp. Kim mentioned there is also damage on the side of the building. She does not have a cost estimate for that repair. It was determined the amount for the warrant article will be up to $27,000.00.
1. Tax Acquired Letters – Motion was made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to sign the letters for Map 39, Lot 22 and Map 39, Lot 13. No further discussion. Motion carried. The previous property owner will have 30 days to pay the taxes owed. The Town acquired this property at the end of December 2018.
2. Cummings, Lamont & McNamee – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to sign the one year contract for auditing services. No further discussion. Motion carried.
3. Ready Fresh Proposal for New Water Cooler – The BOS reviewed the offer for a new water cooler where the water bottle is loaded from the bottom on the cooler, which means no more lifting the water bottles. Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to purchase the new water cooler from Ready Fresh. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Transfer Station Fill In Employee Hourly Wage – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to increase the hourly wage to $11.00 for Kevin Golden. This is based on the minimum wage for the State of Maine has increased to $11.00. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
5. Office Assistant – Chairman Mageary read the letter from the Office Assistant submitted to the BOS. Her last day of employment was Friday, January 4, 2019. The Town Administrator will advertise for the vacancy.
6. York County Emergency Call Dispatch – Chairman Mageary mentioned information he has obtained regarding a dispatch called that was placed on January 5th to the Towns contracted plowing vendor. After discussing this matter it was determined more follow up is needed. The BOS would like to discuss this matter with the Plowing Contractor for the Northern District.
7. Board of Selectmen Tuesday Night Meetings – Michael S. Perro mentioned the Tuesday schedule and it is a very long day for the Town Administrator. One suggestion was changing the meeting time to 6:00 pm. Jennifer J. Roux mentioned that her schedule does not allow her to meet at that time. Jennifer mentioned changing the meeting day to another night during the week. At this time this matter will be placed on hold.
1. Planning Board Year End Letter
2. ZBA Year End Letter
3. Planning Board Information Meeting
4. CIC Revised Minutes
5. MMA Newsletter
2. Cummings, Lamont & McNamee contract
3. Tax Acquired Letters
Adjourn –Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to adjourn at 7:47 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
February 17, 2019 1:38 PM