|January 23, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
January 15, 2019
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Kathy Fagan, Scott Cudworth, Skip Bartosch and Roland Legere
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the January 8, 2019 minutes as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried.
· Roland Legere asked to speak to the BOS regarding the ongoing issue with driver’s traveling on Goose Pond Road not obeying the speed limit.
· Roland also updated the BOS regarding the Mousam Lake Watershed Coalition’s next meeting and making sure there are agenda items to be discussed. Roland is in the process of getting an update from the City of Sanford and will update the BOS asap regarding the Feb 4, 2019 meeting.
· Roland discussed the drainage culvert located by the Goose Pond Bridge. Roland stated that since the water level will be lowered when the work begins on the Emery Mills Dam, this might be a great time to look at other options for this drainage culvert. Roland suggested contacting Maine DEP concerning permitting for such a project.
1. 12 Town Group – Chairman Mageary asked Michael S. Perro if he had an opportunity to speak with the Waterboro Town Manager, Gary Lamb regarding the 12 Town Group dues that the towns have paid. This group has not met in many months and at this time the BOS feel this group is no longer active and would like to request part of the Shapleigh dues money be returned to the town.
2. Rescue By Laws – Chairman Mageary informed the BOS that he has reviewed all of the bylaws. There is one by law that needs to be taken out of the package, this is one regarding sleeping procedures at the Public Safety Building. The BOS have been very clear regarding members are not to be sleeping at the PSB. The Town Administrator will speak to the Rescue Chief.
1. Assistance with the Town Report – The Town Administrator stated she had received an offer from a previous employee to assist with completing the Town report. This person worked for the town a few years ago and she would require no training. The BOS thanks Kathy Fagan for making such an offer but before moving ahead with her offer the BOS have ask that Maine Municipal Associate, Legal Department be contacted regarding volunteer status. The Selectmen have no other concerns and they welcome her assistance.
2. Fire Department 2019 Budget – It was noted the Fire Chief did not request a 3% wage increase for the members. It was the decision of the BOS that all employees and elected officials will receive a 3% increase which is based on a positive performance evaluation, therefore the Fire Department budget will increase by $515.95 (3%).
1. Shapleigh Rescue Squad Minutes
2. CMP Monthly Breakdown
3. John O’Donnell’s Revaluation Progress letter
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 7:26 am. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
February 17, 2019 1:49 PM