|February 06, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
January 29, 2019
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Scott Cudworth, Kathy Fagan, Roland Legere and Paula Lantagne
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the January 22, 2019 minutes as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried.
Public Comment: Roland Legere reminded the BOS about the Mousam Watershed Dam Coalition meeting for Monday, February 4, 2019 at 8:00 am at the City of Sanford Chamber office.
1. General Government Budget - The BOS reviewed the draft warrant. It was decided a separate article will be written for the purchase and installation of 2 heat pumps for Town hall. The photocopier lease will be added to the general government budget total.
2. Office Assistant Position – The Town Administrator asked if the BOS would be available to meet with the candidates she has interviewed and would like to move forward to the Selectmen on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 6:15 pm. The BOS confirmed their availability. Jennifer J. Roux stated that since she has a meeting prior, she may be late to the 6:15 meeting.
1. Supplemental – The Town Administrator presented a supplemental for Trio Account 2871 in the amount of $89.35 for 2017 taxes. The reason for this supplemental is because the wrong owner of record was taxed incorrectly. Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the supplemental as presented.
2. Abatement – The Town Administrator presented the BOS with an abatement for Trio account 2871, Map 010-006-B-004 in the amount of $89.35 for 2017. Wrong owner was billed. Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the abatement as presented.
3. Southern Maine Communications Contract – Michael S. Perro reviewed the agreement which renews on July 1, 2019. At this time the contract can not be signed until after the March 2019 Town Meeting.
4. Review of the 2019 Scholarships – The BOS reviewed the applications and verified the scholarship fund balances. No changes were made at this time.
5. Quit Claim Deeds – The Town Administrator presented the BOS with two quit claim deeds for the property that was tax acquired at the end of December 2018. The previous property owner paid 2016, 2017 and 2018 taxes for the properties on Granny Kent Pond Road, Map 39, Lot 22 and Map 39, Lot 13. Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to sign the quit claim deeds as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
6. Town Report Cover – The Town Administrator presented the Town Report cover for the BOS approval. The BOS approved the cover as it was presented.
7. Winter Plowing – The BOS reviewed the written warning letter to the contractor for plowing for the Northern District. The BOS would like the emphasis to be know that if the areas of concern are not corrected in a timely manner the contractor has the potential of losing his contract with the Town. The letter was signed as presented.
1. Planning Board Minutes
2. Public Hearing for the Planning Board Feb 12, 2019
3. DHHS General Assistance Program for Shapleigh is in compliance.
2. Abatement and Supplemental
3. Quit Claim Deeds
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 7:30 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
February 17, 2019 12:55 PM