|February 20, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 5:00 pm
February 12, 2019
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 5:00 pm with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Scott Cudworth
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the January 5, 2019 minutes as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried.
Public Comment: None
1. 2019 Warrant – The BOS reviewed the warrant. All articles were approved as written with the exceptions of the Zoning Ordinance and the Rescue Per Diem Article. It was the consensus the recommendation from the Selectmen for the Per Diem Article will be: to use $130,745.90 from Medical Staffing and $30,000 from the Ambulance Service Account and to raise and appropriate $168,739.10 for a total of $329,485.00 which is $10,000 less than the original article. Reason is from January – March 2019 there has not been 24/7 coverage therefore the total amount request is not necessary. The Zoning Ordinance changes, the BOS made no recommendations.
1. TANS Documents – Chairman Mageary stated there are 5 letters that will be mailed out for bids on the Town’s Tax Anticipation Note. Bank letters were signed as presented.
2. Land Use PTO Request – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the Land Use Secretary for paid time off. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Candidate’s Night – The BOS discussed scheduling a candidate’s night. The Selectmen will reach out to the candidates to see if they would like the Selectmen to schedule such an event.
4. York County Budget Forum – Selectman Perro stated that the YC Budget Committee met last week where they toured the Layman Way Clinic. The Layman Way Recovery Clinic aims to assist York County Jail inmates in recovery from addition. Selectman Perro stated the clinic is performing very well. The committee is looking at proposed legislature regarding the new courthouse and what will happen to the current courthouses once the new courthouse is built in Biddeford.
1. Planning Board Agenda
2. Incident Report – Rescue
3. RSU 57 Agenda
4. Capital Improvement Committee Minutes
5. York County Sheriff’s Department Monthly Summary
1. 2019 Warrant
2. Thank you letter to Mr. Porreca
3. 2019 TANS Documents
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 5:48 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
March 18, 2019 1:52 PM