|March 06, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 6:00 pm
February 26, 2019
Call to Order
William J. Mageary, Chairman called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm with Michael S. Perro and Jennifer J. Roux in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Kathy Fagan
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to approve the minutes from February 19, 2019 as written. No further discussion. Motion carried.
Public Comment: None
1. Candidate’s Night Overview – Chairman Mageary reviewed the procedures and rules for candidate’s night. Jennifer J. Roux will be the time keeper. Candidate’s night will run from 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm. Opening statements will be allowed from everyone who is seeking election or re-election. People who wished to ask questions were to submit those questions prior to Candidate’s night. In order to maintain control and order no public questions will be allowed.
2. Northern District Snow Plowing/Sanding – Selectman Perro mentioned there were issues on Monday in regards to reaching the Northern Plowing/Sanding Contractor. There was an accident on the Ross Corner Road where it had been determined the road needed to be sanded. Dispatch, Road Commissioner and Selectmen tried to contact the vendor to no avail. The BOS authorized the plowing/sanding contractor from the South to sand the Ross Corner Road. Road Commissioner, North will write a narrative on what his action were regarding this matter. The sanding cost will be deducted from the snow plowing vendor, North final payment for the 2018/2019 winter plowing agreement. In the meantime, the BOS would like legal counsel to review the contract language. It was mentioned that the Town will need to contact Durwood Parkinson since there is a conflict of interest with Bourque and Clegg.
1. 2019 Town Meeting Warrant – The Selectmen reviewed the warrant in order to determine which Selectman will answer any questions that may be asked from the voters.
2. Robin Stinson – Selectman Roux informed the BOS of the tragic and sad news of Mrs. Stinson’s passing on Monday night. Her husband, Tim Stinson is the Shapleigh and Line School Principal. It was agreed that flowers will be sent to the funeral home or a donation will be made in her memory.
1. EcoMaine Summary for 2018
Adjourn –Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to adjourn at 6:27 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
March 18, 2019 2:08 PM