|April 03, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 6:00 pm
March 26, 2019
Call to Order
Michael S. Perro, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm with Jennifer J. Roux and Scott E. Cudworth in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Aaron Sabine, Nancy Small, Duffy Gold, Roland Legere, Suzie Rand, Michael Demers, Skip Bartosch, William Mageary, Brian Rand and Michael Sabine
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to approve the minutes from March 19, 2019 as written. No further discussion. Motion carried.
Public Comment: None
1. Rescue Squad Per Diem Hours and Compensation - Selectman Roux presented the BOS with a summary of surrounding Towns Rescue Squad compensation. The Rescue compensation recommendation from the Rescue Chief is comparable to the surrounding towns. Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to increase the hourly wage $1.00 for the per diem staff with the exception of driver along with supporting two 12 hour staffing. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. York County Sheriff’s Deputy Contract – The Town Administrator informed the Selectmen the YC Deputy contract will expire at the end of 2019. Negotiations need to be scheduled in the coming months. The Selectmen felt this item could be voted on with the regular November 2019 election. This item would be voted on as a referendum question.
3. Purchase Order – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to approve the Town Hall purchase order for office supplies as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. RSU 57 Proposed School Budget – Chairman Perro updated the Selectmen with the information concerning the 2019/2020 School Budget. Chairman Perro stated there is current LD being presented to the legislatures for consideration. The overall enrollment for Shapleigh is lower by approximately 24 students. For more information you may go to the RSU 57 website budget presentation.
5. BOS Meeting for April 9th – Jennifer J. Roux asked if the Selectmen would consider changing the Tuesday, April 9th meeting to Wednesday, April 10th. Chairman Perro along with Scott E. Cudworth had no objections to changing the meeting. However, the time will be changed from 7:00 pm to 4:00 pm on April 10th.
1. Planning Board Agenda
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth at 7:12 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
April 22, 2019 6:51 PM