|April 12, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 6:00 pm
April 2, 2019
Call to Order
Michael S. Perro, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm with Scott E. Cudworth in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator. Jennifer J. Roux was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
In Attendance: Nancy Small, Duffy Gold, Roland Legere, Aaron Sabine, Nicholas Wright and Michael Sabine
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes from March 26, 2019 as written. No further discussion. Motion carried.
Public Comment: Nancy Small, Chairman of the Budget Committee asked who is responsible for contracting people who were elected to the various committees in March. Chairman Perro explained the Town Clerk oversees the election and she would be the person to contact the elected officials. The Town Administrator will follow up with the Town Clerk regarding the vacancy on the Budget Committee.
1. Bid Opening for the Town Hall Heat Pumps – Chairman Perro opened the four bids that were received. Below are the results:
a. True Comfort Heating and Cooling – Total price of 7,500
b. Affordable Heating & Air Conditioning - $8,906
c. Patriot Mechanical$9,400
d. Perfect Plumbing & Heating, Inc - $7,445
Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to table this matter to allow for further follow up on the bids information. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
1. Animal Welfare Contract – The Town Administrator stated there were no language changes and there was no change in the fees for the shelter. Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to sign the contract as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Shapleigh Commons Reservation – Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the request to use the Commons by Shapleigh Recreation for an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 20th. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Ted’s Fried Clams Alcohol Renewal Application – Chairman Perro mentioned that past practice has been with the two restaurants that have alcohol licenses is if the Town hasn’t received any negative complaints a public hearing for the renewal application isn’t necessary. The Town has not received any negative comments regarding servicing of alcohol at Ted’s Fried Clams. Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to sign the alcohol license renewal application for Ted’s Fried Clams as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Performance Evaluation for Parks Director – Chairman Perro asked the Town Administrator to complete the performance evaluation for the Parks Director since she deals with him on a regular basis.
5. Tax Acquired Property Granny Kent Pond Road – The Town Administrator spoke to the BOS regarding the tax acquired property the Town obtained in December of 2016. The payment agreement that was agreed upon has been broken on more than one account. The last agreement was weekly payments of $100.00 which was made in March 2019. Only one payment has been received. The contact information has been blocked from the Town contacting them. The recommendation is to contact legal counsel and request a letter be sent giving them 30 days to pay the amount owed in full or they will need to vacate the property. Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to speak to Selectman Roux so that the full Board is updated on this matter and are in agreement to pursue legal action against this matter. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
6. York County Budget Committee Caucuses – Chairman Perro explained the caucus process which will be held on Wednesday, April 12 at 6:30 pm at the York County Government Building. Chairman Perro encourages elected officials to attend this budget meeting. Each Board member received information regarding the April 12th meeting.
1. Planning Board Agenda
2. State of Maine Ratio Declaration to the State of Maine
3. Planning Board Minutes
4. Library Board of Trustees Minutes
2. Animal Shelter Agreement
3. Ted’s Fried Claims Alcohol Renewal Application
4. Shapleigh Commons Reservation for Easter Egg Hunt
Adjourn –Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro at 7:19 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
April 22, 2019 5:53 PM