|May 08, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
April 30, 2019
Call to Order
Michael S. Perro, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm with Jennifer J. Roux and Scott E. Cudworth in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
In Attendance: Roland Legere, Mike Sabine, Aaron Sabine, Carolyn Rand and Brian Rand
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to approve the minutes from April 23, 2019 as written. No further discussion. Motion carried.
Public Comment: Chairman Perro asked if anyone had any public comment at this time. There was none at this time.
1. Atlantic Broadband Phone Proposal – The Town Administrator stated references had been contacted which were all positive. If the BOS made the decision to go with Atlantic Broadband there would be a saving over approximately $100.00 a month. The BOS reviewed both price proposals for the changeover of phones, local and long distance provider. Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to approve the purchase of Atlantic Broadband for the Town Hall and Public Safety Building phone system. No further discussion. Motion carried 2 -0 – 1(abstention Perro).
2. EcoMaine Recycling – The Town Administrator explained that EcoMaine is offering a new recycling program for the Town of Shapleigh. In discussing the material provided it was noted that R W Herrick should be contacted to see if they may be able to offer another option for the disposal of recycling. This matter will be carried under Unfinished Business to allow for further discussion.
3. Tax Acquired Property – The Town Administrator explained the previous property owner for tax acquired property owner on Granny Kent Pond Road has filed for a poverty abatement for the 2016 taxes. Before any decision is made the BOS would like to request an Executive Session with the previous property owner to discuss the application that he filed. If the previous owner does not attend the May 7th BOS meeting, the BOS will begin the eviction process.
4. Executive Session for a Personnel Matter pursuant to 1 MRSA 405(6)(a) – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux at 7:36 pm, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to enter into an executive session pursuant to 1 MRSA 405(6)(a) personnel matter. No further discussion. Motion carried. The BOS came out of the executive session at 7:56 pm.
5. RSU 57 Budget Meeting – Chairman Perro reviewed with the Selectmen the proposed school budget for 19-20 school year. Shapleigh enrollment is 347 students. The overall insurance rate was lower than anticipated by $300,000. The district budget meeting will be Tuesday, May 14th at the Middle School with the validation referendum vote to be held on June 11, 2019.
1. Shapleigh Commons Reservation – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to approve the request to use the Shapleigh Commons for a farmers marker and craft events during the summer months. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
1. RSU 57 Budget Meeting Articles
2. Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes and Letters
3. State of Maine CEO Training & Certifications Program
2. RSU 57 School Budget Referendums
3. Shapleigh Commons Reservation
Adjourn –Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth 8:04 pm. Motion passed unanimously. These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
May 19, 2019 10:31 AM