|May 22, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 6:00 pm
May 14, 2019
Call to Order
Michael S. Perro, Chairman called the meeting to order at 6:04 pm with Scott E. Cudworth in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator. Jennifer J. Roux was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
In Attendance: William J. Mageary
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth. Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes of May 7, 2019 as written. No further discussion. Motion carried.
Public Comment: None
1. Policy Review – The Town Administrator presented the Selectmen with the recommended changes Attorney Brad Morin would like to implement in the Personnel Policy. Chairman Perro stated a policy workshop will need to be schedule in order to review the Town’s policies and make any recommendations for amendments.
2. ECOMaine Recycling Proposal - The Town Administrator spoke to RW Herrick’s to see if they have a recycling program so the Town could compare options. Herrick’s does not offer recycling disposal. It was decided a workshop will be schedule with EcoMaine to discuss further their amended recycling disposal proposal. The two employees at the Transfer Station will be invited to attend this workshop.
1. Letter of Resignation – Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to accept the letter of resignation from the Office Assistant, Katie Richards. No further discussion. Motion carried.
2. PTO Request from the Land Use Secretary – Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the one day request for PTO for the Land Use Secretary for Friday, June 7, 2019. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. PTO Request from the CEO - Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the one day request for PTO for the CEO for Friday, May 17, 2019. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Field Use Form – The Town Administrator presented the Selectmen with a new form for anyone that would like to use the sports field. The Parks Director has previously reviewed the document and approves the form as written. The BOS will review further. This matter will be placed on the next BOS meeting agenda.
5. Shapleigh Commons Spring Clean Up – Scott E. Cudworth inquired when the Spring clean up will take place at the Commons area. The Town Administrator stated it was scheduled for last week but because of the poor weather conditions it has not been able to be completed.
6. Transfer Station Salvation Army Clothing Box – William J. Mageary stated the Salvation Army clothing box is overflowing and there are numerous bags outside of the box. The Town administrator stated she was in touch with the Salvation Army today to schedule a pick up.
1. Southern Maine Planning & Development Commission Annual Meeting
2. Planning Board Agenda
3. Tuesday, May 21, 2019 – 6:30 pm meeting with Planning Board Chairman and CEO – Permit Fees
2. PTO Requests
Adjourn –Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, Seconded by Michael S. Perro 6:14 pm. Motion passed unanimously. These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
June 18, 2019 11:56 PM