|June 26, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
June 18, 2019
Call to Order
Chairman Michael S. Perro called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm with Scott E. Cudworth in attendance.; Selectmen Jennifer J. Roux was absent. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator and Cheryl Drisko, Office Assistant were in attendance.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting: - Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth to approve minutes of June 4, 2019 as written, seconded by Michael S. Perro. No further discussion. Motion carried. Minutes for June 11, 2019 were tabled until next meeting.
1. Roland Legere commented on 2 items: he was asking if there was an update on the matter of a Traffic Ordinance; Town Administrator said it was on the night's agenda. Secondly, he asked the Board if they received the letter from the City of Sanford regarding the dam to be sent to shore front property owners. Discussion ensued with the Board regarding what actions would be taken to canvass the area appropriately. Research will be done regarding an email blast and/or mass mailing. Letter was placed on Facebook and the Shapleigh website.
2. Duffy Gold informed the Board that she was invited and attended a webinar on "Moving Maine". Duffy found this webinar very informative and appropriate to further become involved in for the Town of Shapleigh. With the Board's approval, Duffy would like to get involved with this coalition as a representative of the Town. The Board asked Duffy to forward all the information for review and then a decision can be made at a follow up Board meeting.
1. Paving Bid Opening - Bids were received, opened and read aloud from the following bidding companies: Dayton Sand & Gravel, Pike Industries, All States Asphalt (dba Carroll Materials), and LibbyScott Inc. One bid was challenged as it did not comply to the specifications laid out for the bid. The bids will be taken under review and a decision will be made at the next regular BOS meeting.
2. PS Administrator Job Description - Board is still in process of developing a job description. This issue is tabled until input from all department's involved, especially on command chain, can be surveyed and received in writing. After all information is received, a workshop will be scheduled to review and discuss.
Abatements - The Town Administrator asked the Board's
approval to process poverty abatements similar to General Assistance requests
with applications and guidelines; present findings to Board in Executive
Session once complete. Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth, seconded by Michael S.
Perro to proceed with poverty abatements as if they were General Assistance
requests. No further discussion. Motion
of Maine Drug/Alcohol Policies Review - New
State Mandates for Drug and Alcohol were provided by the Town Administrator for
their review. Next policy review workshop
date is Thursday, June 27th at 8:30 am
and Traffic Ordinance - Sample - The
Town Administrator presented the Board with an example of a Traffic Ordinance
from a local town. This sample can be
used as a baseline for the Board to review and develop an Ordinance for the
Town. In order to enforce anything related to traffic, an Ordinance must be in
Request - Town Administrator - Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth,
seconded by Michael S. Perro to grant PTO request No further discussion. Motion carried.
Performance and Evaluations - Motion made by Scott E.
Cudworth, seconded by Michael S. Perro to grant 3% increase based on positive
evaluation. No further discussion. Motion carried. New Land Use Secretary job description was
presented to the Board for review; acceptance tabled until review is complete.
Trailer - The repair work to be done on the speed trailer has been
completed. Deputy Sevigny will pick up the
trailer and the BOS are expecting an invoice to be issued from Knox Autobody. A
spare set of lock keys should be available and placed in the town hall's key
- The company responsible for mowing has been notified; expected completion is
end of week. Recreation fields and
Common area requires mowing, the town trees on property are to be stabilized.
1. Shapleigh Planning Board minutes for 5/28/19.
2. RSU 57 Agenda for 6/19/19.
3. CIC agenda for 6/20/19.
4. Conservation Commission Minutes for 5/13/19.
Adjourn –Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth; Seconded by Michael S. Perro, meeting closed at 7:35 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Cheryl L. Drisko, Office Assistant
Board of Selectmen
July 23, 2019 10:25 AM