|July 24, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 6:00 pm
July 16, 2019
Call to Order
Chairman Michael S. Perro called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm with Jennifer J. Roux and Scott E. Cudworth in attendance;
Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator and Cheryl Drisko, Office Assistant were in attendance.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
A motion made by Scott E. Cudworth to approve minutes of July 9, 2019 as written, seconded by Michael S. Perro. No further discussion. Motion carried.
· Norman Baker discussed with the Board the placement of a cross walk at the "Foot of the Lake", the State's compliance requirements of such a project and the possibility of a speed study. The Board will measure and contact the State on the feasibility of these actions and if the State is not interested, on what the Board can do to facilitate. Mr. Baker will continue to update as information is provided.
· Duffy Gold asked the Board that when they contacted the State, could they also ask for a "Truck Traffic Study" to be done on Emery Mills Bridge? The daily count information is needed to apply for a grant. The Board's thoughts are that the County can handle this study and will put it out for consideration.
· David Landry updated the Board about the $95,000 grant received; activities surrounding Mousam Lake; and the concept of Cost Sharing to pay for the projects and receive grant monies. Identified 147 sites around the lake for storm water runoff mitigation; in the process of contacting high priority site owners. 23rd Street was a project that could definitely benefit from cost sharing. Also discussed were:
o Starbird Lane plunge pool being cleaned out with the Town responsible for the portion within their row. The Board tabled until they could understand their part in the project before they entertained endorsement.
o Among the provision of the grant, would Goose Pond sand berm removal qualify for grant monies? Mr. Landry will take a look at this next week with the assistance of Roland Legere.
· Roland Legere, Mousam Lake Watershed Dam Coalition notified the Board
that regardless of funding, the lake drawdown will occur. Mr. Legere informed
the Board that Sanford Selectman Adelle Strickland and himself have taken on
the roles of Public Relations to make sure all are aware. Mr. Legere asked if something could be placed
in with the tax notices. The Town Administrator with the Boards approval will
look into placing a statement on the tax notices to reflect the drawdown
information; she and Mr. Legere will meet next Wednesday.
· Richard Grant approached Chairman Michael S. Perro after the BOS meeting last week regarding a large pothole on 21st Street. The Road Commissioner would need to look within who's area of responsibility the pothole lied. The Town Administrator will review the easement parameter and then Mr. Grant will be contacted regarding resolution.
Bid Opening for Town Hall: Michael
S. Perro, Chairman opened the two bids received from Soapy Brush Cleaners and
The White Tornado. The Board of
Selectmen agreed, after a brief discussion, to not accept either bid and
solicit a more likely alternative.
Evaluation Completed/Review: It was duly noted for the records that the performance
evaluation of the Town Administrator had been completed, reviewed and acted
upon at the July 25, 2019 BOS's meeting. Chairman Michael S. Perro thanked the
Town Administrator for all that she does for the Board.
of Deputy Animal Control Officer: The Board recognizes that there is a need for a backup
to the Animal Control Officer. Following
a brief discussion, action was postponed until the next meeting in order for
the Board to explore the appropriate stipend based on budget.
iv. Job Description for the Public Building Administrator : Chairman Michael S. Perro noted that after review of the provided job description draft, it was evident that the Board needed to collaborate and revise. There were a few good points in the Acton job description that could be included; there were some components of the draft that could be removed or revamped to be more clear and/or applicable to the job. The Board will continue to review the draft along with Chairman Michael S. Perro's notes (suggestions) and meet back at a workshop on Tuesday, July 23,2019 at 5:30 pm.
i. Atlantic BoradBand Price Quote for hosted Telephone System/Switch:
Station Facilities: Selectmen
Scott E. Cudworth was in favor of
placing a port-a-potty at the Transfer Station for staff to use. After a short
deliberation, the Board requested the Town Administrator look into the cost and
formulate a proposal to be considered at the next meeting.
Proposal Submitted by Mr. Roland Rivard: The Town
Administrator presented Mr. Rivard's proposal to the Board for review. Tabled until next meeting.
& Greet: York County Sherriff's Office requested Shapleigh host a meet and
greet with light refreshments for the Resident's to meet Deputy Gregg
Sevigny. The Town Administrator will
schedule for late August. Deputy Sevigny
will also participate in Community Days.
Community Day Parade: The Board were requested to walk in
the parade during Shapleigh's Community Days on July 27, 2019; all replied and
confirmed their participation.
1. Capital Improvements Committee Agenda and Meeting Notice for July 18, 2019. (Duffy Gold noted date has been changed to August 1, 2019)
2. Planning Board Conditional Use Permit notification to Tatiana & Eddie Murphy.
3. Planning Board Growth Permit Application approval Letter to Brian Fernald.
4. Planning Board Minutes of June 25, 2019
Adjourn – Motion made by Scott E. Cudworth to adjourn at 7:04 pm; seconded by Jennifer J. Roux. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Cheryl L. Drisko, Office Assistant
Board of Selectmen
August 21, 2019 8:57 PM