|September 11, 2019|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 6:00 pm
September 3, 2019
Call to Order
Chairman Michael S. Perro called the meeting to order at 6:05 pm with Jennifer J. Roux and Scott E. Cudworth in attendance;
Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator and Cheryl Drisko, Office Assistant were in attendance.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
A motion was made by Scott E. Cudworth to approve minutes of August 27, 2019 as written, seconded by Jennifer J. Roux. No further discussion. Motion carried.
Duffy Gold asked the Board concerning the budget impact of new Public Safety Administrator's position and how it will be affected. Chairman Perro responded that at this time only the salary portion is impacted and when the new hire is in place and the budget process begins, said person will be responsible to review between departments.
Opening for Snowplowing of Town Lots: The BOS received one bid to open. After review
of the bid, the Selectmen asked that the Town Administrator to reach out to the
bidder for some clarification on their quotes. The Selectmen also asked the Town Administrator to get last year's bid
ii. Amended Snowplowing Contract for Town's Lots: Contract was review and discussed. No changes
Nest Recap: Selectman Jennifer Roux recapped Monday's meeting to review the culvert
and property on Owl's Nest Road. The culvert
was dry but the property owners land was wet. Possible reason for this is
property owner did clear cutting on their property. Discussion was tabled until next week when the
Road Commissioner can present his recommendation of options. The Town Administrator will notify all
parties that this item will be on the agenda.
iv. Back Road Drainage: Chairman Michael Perro asked Road Commissioner Jeff Goodwin if this issue on Back Road had yet been dealt with; Jeff's response was he will review the plan and get in touch with the property owner.
County Soil & Water Conservation District Site Visit: This visit will be handled by the Road
Officer Certificate of Appointment:
moved into Executive Session: - Motion made by Selectmen Jennifer J. Roux at 6:38; seconded by Scott E.
Cudworth to move to Executive Session pursuant to M.R.S.A. 14056a personnel
matter. All in favor.
4. Public Hearing for Public Safety Administrator's position The Selectmen discussed amongst themselves the following measures related to the Public Hearing to show solidarity and maintain order and control of the proceedings:
· the need to set parameters on conducting the public hearing in order to permit public input from those which has not been previously heard; configuration and time limits;
· the provision of an initial command structure for the public to see; and
· to take a closer look at combining positions to save money and distribute responsibilities equitably.
1. Planning Board Minutes for August 13, 2019
2. Planning Board Letter to Abutter regarding a Conditional Use Permit for earth moving in the
3. Planning Board Growth Permit Application
4. CEO Notice of Violation and Order to Correct
2. CMP New Pole Permit - Walnut Hill
Adjourn – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux to adjourn at 7:02 pm; seconded by Scott E. Cudworth. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Cheryl L. Drisko, Office Assistant
Board of Selectmen
September 19, 2019 10:43 AM