|September 20, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
September 12, 2017
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, September 12, 2017, at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
In Attendance: Art Ingersoll and Skip Bartosch
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes from September 5, 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Special Town Meeting Warrant – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve articles 1-3 as written. No further discussion. Motion was carried unanimously.
2. Performance Evaluation – The BOS reviewed the review comments by the employee. The discussion of PTO was mentioned in the comments. Selectmen Perro mentioned that this is the only negative comment he has heard regarding the PTO policy. Art Ingersoll, Transfer Station employee stated he is happy with the PTO.
3. 12 Town Group Meeting – Chairman Cobb along with EMA Director Darren Rogers attended this meeting on Monday, September 18.. Mark stated a discussion took place regarding Smart911 software. Once someone has signed up for Smart911, first responders will be aware of important information people have provided that will help with police, fire and EMS during an emergency. The meeting also consisted of continuing conversation regarding consolidating the district courts.
4. Patrol Car for Contract Deputy – The Selectmen would like to make certain there is a CO monitor in the new explorer. There have been reports that the Ford Explorers CO monitors have been defective. Also, what are the wishes of the Acton BOS and Shapleigh BOS regarding the patrol car that the contracted Deputy has been using and will be taken out of service once the new vehicle is ready. Follow up with the Town of Acton will take place this week to have a conversation about the old patrol car.
5. Signs at the Recreational Fields – Selectman Mageary stated the sign has been updated stating: No dogs allowed
1. Continuing Education Request – Deputy Clerk – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the continuing education request for the Deputy Clerk. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Rescue Purchase Order – A discussion took place concerning the purchases of a badge printer in the amount of $1,899.94. Before a decision can be made the BOS would like to discuss the purchase further with the Rescue Chief.
3. Shapleigh Elementary School/Returnables - The BOS would like to contact the PTO President to discuss the returnables at the Shapleigh Memorial School. Currently, there are a large number of bags of returnables and the box is overflowing.
4. Transfer Station Area – It was mentioned that people are target shooting next to the Transfer Station area where the old sand/salt was processed. The Selectmen would like a sign stating “No discharge of Fire Arms” be ordered and placed at this location.
1. Planning Board Agenda & Minutes
2. ECO Maine Monthly Report
2. Artist Agreement
3. Special Town Meeting Warrant
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 7:32 PM. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
September 23, 2017 1:32 AM