|May 26, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 6:00 pm
May 16, 2017
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman, called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
In Attendance: Duffy Gold, Suzanne Gagnon, Joan Dyer, Penny Mills, Art Ingersol, and Skip Bartosch
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the minutes from May 9, 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
Shapleigh Community Day Scholarship Committee – Duffy Gold spoke to the Board regarding the scholarship selection for 2017. There were 10 applications. The Committee did a paper review of the 10 applications prior to scheduling interviews. Three candidates were chosen to give a 3 minute speech to one question. The candidate that has been awarded the $1,000 scholarship will remain anonymous at this time. The name will be released after graduation. The Board of Selectmen were in agreement with the name that was moved forward.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Gravel Pit/Square Pond Road – William J. Mageary mentioned he did a site visit at the gravel pit and agreed with the Road Commissioner, North that this area is a mess and needs to be clean up. William J. Mageary is suggesting that high school students may be interested in getting volunteering hours and could clean this area.
1. Review of Policies – The BOS had scheduled a Board workshop for Friday, May 19th at 8:00 am. The time for this workshop has been changed to 1:00 pm.
2. Award of Scholarships – William J. Mageary mentioned that the Selectmen have completed the review process in regards to awarding the Town’s scholarships. Those names have been given to the Guidance Office. The names will be revealed after graduation.
3. Transfer Station Area – William J. Mageary mentioned that since the last BOS meeting the area around the compactor and around the upper level have been cleaned up. The Transfer Station employee will continue to keep the area picked up of debris.
4. Transfer Station Tonnage – Michael S. Perro informed the Selectmen that he had a conversation with Adam from R.W. Herrick regarding the tonnage totals and they should be higher. Adam will speak to the Transfer Station employee regarding trying to get higher tonnage totals before calling for disposal.
1. CEO Request for Training for June 14th & 15th – Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the continuing education course for the CEO. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. CEO Request for PTO – Motion by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to approve the one paid time off for June 21st. No further discussion. Motion was carried unanimously.
3. Renewal of Shapleigh Corner Store Malt Liquor License Renewal – Chairman Cobb recommends waving the public hearing for the renewal license. There have been zero negative comments towards the Shapleigh Corner Store offering beer or wine. Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to approve the renewal application for the Shapleigh Corner Store malt liquor license and no public hearing is necessary at this time because there has been no negative comments against this store in reference to selling beer and wine. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
1. Williams Park Advisory Committee Minutes
2. York County Sheriff’s Department Monthly Report
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 6:18 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
May 26, 2017 10:15 PM