|July 12, 2017|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 7:00 pm
June 27, 2017
Call to Order
Mark R. Cobb, Chairman, called the meeting to order at 7:00 pm on Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at the Shapleigh Town Hall with William J. Mageary and Michael S. Perro in attendance. Also, in attendance was Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
In Attendance: Roland Legere, Art Ingersol, Skip Bartosch, Lindsey Hunt and Darren Rogers
Pledge of Allegiance was recited
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
· Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to approve the minutes from June 20, 2017. Motion carried unanimously.
Skip Bartosch thanked Michael S. Perro and William J. Mageary for attending the annual Mousam Lake Region Association meeting. The association appreciates the information that Michael S. Perro shared with the group. Michael S. Perro added that a Shapleigh resident spoke to him regarding how much they appreciate the Town adhering to zoning and enforcement of the zoning laws.
Skip added on Sunday, June 25 there were 11 divers and 2 pontoon boats on Mousam Lake where they picked up over 700 lbs of refuse that had accumulated at the bottom of the lake. The divers from Maniac’s will be back in August and October.
Art Ingersol reported the young individual who wanted community service hours worked at the Transfer Station being supervised by Art has done an outstanding job.
Road Commissioner’s Report: North/South:
● John Burnell, Road Commissioner, North, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
● Caleb Chessie, Road Commissioner, South, was not able to attend tonight’s meeting.
1. Revision Energy – Michael S. Perro mentioned to the Selectmen he had signed the Interconnection Application with Revision Energy. The decision from the BOS to upgrade the system has been put into place. Potential install of the panels will be late July early August. A revised contract will be sent to the BOS asap.
2. Snowplowing Contract – William J. Mageary asked if the winter plowing contract had been sent to the Town’s Attorney for review. At this time the contract has not been revised.
3. Outside Light at Town Hall – Michael S. Perro stated he met with the electrician, John Kelly regarding the outside light not working. It was determined that the power source to the light needs to be located and new wiring will be necessary.
1. Purchase Order for Rescue Squad – The BOS received a purchase order totaling $2,475.12 for educational supplies from the Rescue Chief. Lindsey Hunt, Rescue Treasurer spoke why this purchase order is necessary. Basically these supplies are to be used for community education and promotion of EMS. During the year the Squad is invited to speak at the schools, Boy Scouts, Girls Scouts, career day at school and attendance at Community Day. They did shop for the best possible price along with quality of the merchandise that will be purchased. This is a budgeted item which was approved in March 2017. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by Mark R. Cobb to approve the purchase order as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Veterans Ceremony – Michael S. Perro mentioned the email that the Selectmen received from Ronald Rivard, Superintendent of Cemeteries asking who would be attending the unveiling ceremony on July 15th. It was determined that Michael S. Perro and William J. Mageary will be attending and William J. Mageary will speak on behalf of the Board.
3. York County Budget Resolution – The BOS reviewed the packet of information received from YC Budget Committee. Motion made by Michael S. Perro, Seconded by William J. Mageary to sign the resolution regarding the economic Impacts of the combined courthouse in York County as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. Town Gravel Pit/Square Pond – William J. Mageary mentioned to the BOS that the Road Commissioner, North had received a phone call from the Square Pond Lake Association President regarding how to dispose of the snails that are being dredged from Square Pond. A discussion took place to exactly what does this entail. It was decided that Skip Bartosch will contact DEP regarding rules governing the disposal of snails.
5. Fire Fighters (5) – William J. Mageary mentioned the following Chris Wellwood, Tobey Worrall, Chris Wright, Ryan Sabine and Stephine Donogh recently graduated from Fire fighter 1 & 2 School. The Selectmen would like to recognize these individuals for taking the time to attend school and for their participation with the necessary requirements to become certified.
1. Planning Board Agenda and Minutes
2. EcoMaine Recycling Report
2. Certificates of Appointments for Kathy Fagan, Fair Hearing Committee, Zoning Board of Appeals, Assessment Review Committee and Kristen Bennett to the Recreation Committee
Adjourn – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Michael S. Perro to adjourn at 7:45 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Executive Secretary to the Board of Selectmen.
Board of Selectmen
July 25, 2017 12:33 PM