August 02, 2021  11:55 PM 
October 14, 2020
Other Notices
July 09, 2021
June 23, 2021
June 16, 2021
June 09, 2021
June 04, 2021
May 26, 2021
May 21, 2021
May 07, 2021
April 28, 2021
April 27, 2021
April 14, 2021
April 14, 2021
April 09, 2021
March 24, 2021
March 24, 2021
March 22, 2021
March 10, 2021
March 05, 2021
February 24, 2021
February 19, 2021
February 17, 2021
February 05, 2021
January 29, 2021
January 27, 2021
January 22, 2021
January 13, 2021
January 08, 2021
December 29, 2020
December 18, 2020
December 04, 2020
November 20, 2020
November 06, 2020
October 28, 2020
October 23, 2020
October 09, 2020
September 23, 2020
September 18, 2020
September 10, 2020
September 09, 2020
September 07, 2020
August 26, 2020
August 21, 2020
August 12, 2020
August 11, 2020
July 29, 2020
July 28, 2020
July 15, 2020
July 10, 2020
June 24, 2020
June 24, 2020
June 21, 2020
June 10, 2020
June 05, 2020
May 29, 2020
March 11, 2020
March 06, 2020
February 26, 2020
February 21, 2020
February 07, 2020
January 29, 2020
January 28, 2020
January 17, 2020

Shapleigh Planning Board

Minutes

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

This evenings meeting was conducted via Zoom due to Covid-19.

Members in attendance: Roger Allaire (Chairman), Steve Foglio (Vice Chairman), Madge Baker, Maggie Moody, Roland Legere and Alternate Ann Harris. Code Enforcement Officer Mike Demers was also in attendance.

************************

Minutes are not verbatim, unless in quotes “” – If the name of a citizen making a comment was not requested by the Planning Board Chairman, the reference to their name will be known as ‘Citizen’ or ‘Abutter’ depending on whom is speaking.

************************

Public Hearing Began at 7:00 pm

Amendment to a Conditional use Permit – Add a 50’ x 150’ Storage Building – Map 1, Lot 24A (140 Deering Ridge Road) – Shawn McLeod, Applicant; Adex Properties, Property Owner

Mr. and Mrs. McLeod were present on Zoom for the public hearing.

Roger opened the public hearing by stating the public hearing was for an additional storage building on Map 1, Lot 24A. He asked Mr. McLeod to let anyone in attendance know what it was he would like to do.

Mr. McLeod stated that he wanted to add an additional storage building to the right side of the existing building, if you are looking at it; it will be a mirror image, 50’ x 150’. He said this was to expand their storage capability. He said it will not only be the same size as the existing, but the same color as well.

Roger A. stated that it was basically going to be for motorcycles, 4 wheelers, etc. Mr. McLeod stated it would mostly be for personal watercraft, boats and jet skis, but there would also be what Roger mentioned.

Roger asked if there were any questions for Mr. McLeod?

Abutter Michael Lauziere (Map 1, Lot 25A-2) – “I do Sir, I am Mike. I would like to know what kind of public access will be granted as we expand this property. I am grateful that Shaun is being successful in his business, that’s awesome. I live two lots up from Shawn, and of course it does change the neighborhood experience, so I would like to hear more information about what it would be like for the public. What are the hours going to be? Any additional lighting? Because during the fall season and non-leaf season, the lighting from the property does expand into the neighborhood. It’s questions like that, I would like to hear a little bit more about that.”

Mr. McLeod stated that the hours were not going to change. He said the lighting is not going to change, he isn’t adding any additional lighting. He stated that everything is remaining exactly the same, just more

capacity for storage. He added that there is no public access, when the business is closed the gates are locked and nobody is allowed in.

Page 1 of 12

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 2 of 12

Abutter Michael Lauziere – “Ok. There is a lot that is between your property for the business and my property, that I believe you also own. Is that correct?”

Mr. McLeod stated, “That is correct, yup.”

Abutter Michael Lauziere – “Ok. Does the business plan include ever expanding into that lot, that serves as the only real buffer to the two properties?”

Mr. McLeod stated that originally when he purchased the property, yes, it was to gain some access to the back because of the lot coverage. He said he planned on using the back of that lot to put up this building, and then after purchasing the property, the lot coverage requirement changed and he didn’t need to use the lot. He said that at this point, no, he had no plans to have anymore buildings. Mr. Lauziere thanked Mr. McLeod.

Roger A. asked if there were any additional questions? There were none.

The public hearing closed at 7:05 pm.

**************************

Roger A. asked if there were any changes to the minutes from September 8, 2020? There were none. The Planning Board minutes from Tuesday, September 8th were accepted by members as read.

The Planning Board meeting started at 7:30 p.m.

**************************

Amendment to a Conditional use Permit – Add a 50’ x 150’ Storage Building – Map 1, Lot 24A (140 Deering Ridge Road) – Shawn McLeod, Applicant; Adex Properties, Property Owner

Mr. and Mrs. McLeod were present on Zoom for the review of the application.

Prior to this evenings meeting was a site inspection by board members.

Provided along with the application, was a sketch plan which depicted the existing structure for the business, a 50’ x 100’ cement pad for storage of vehicles, two existing driveways (one for personal use), parking area, existing well and septic/leachfield location, locations of the existing 50’ x 100’ cold storage building and proposed location of the new building which is also, 50’ x 100’. The distance to the side lot line of the proposed structure was depicted as 50 feet and distance to the rear lot line is 143 feet. There will be a corridor between the two storage structures, the corridor being 45 feet in width.

The detailed description of the project is as follows: Add another 50’ x 150’ steel storage building next to the existing 50’ x 150’ building. No heat, no electricity.

Roger A. began by asking Mr. McLeod to once again let the audience know what he was intending the do, in case someone new had come to the meeting.

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 3 of 12

Mr. McLeod stated he would like to add a second storage building beside the one that exists at this time, same size as the existing, same color, same everything. He said it would be an additional 50’ x 150’.

Roger A. stated it was mentioned earlier that there would be no power. Mr. McLeod stated, “No power.”

Roger A. began the review of the Basic Performance Standards.

105-20 “Applicability of standards; prohibited uses.”

A. These standards shall apply to all new or expanded uses of land and buildings which are listed as permitted or conditional uses in Article IV of this chapter.

B. Prohibited uses include all uses which would be obnoxious or injurious because of odor, dust, smoke, refuse matter, fumes, noise, vibration of waste material, or which would be dangerous to the health and safety of the community or which would disturb or annoy the community, notwithstanding any other provision of this chapter and applicable state and federal laws and regulations.

C. Plans for the effective control and/or elimination of the same, shall be presented to the Planning Board for approval. When the effects of a use are uncertain, the Code Enforcement Officer, after prior notification to and at the expense of the applicant, shall employ such independent recognized consultant as necessary to ensure compliance with all requirements of this Code specifically related to the public health, safety and welfare and the abatement of nuisances. The estimated costs of such studies shall be deposited with the Town Clerk prior to their undertaking.

105-21 – Traffic. Roger A. stated access to the site was safe, this location was previously approved on the original CUP. Site distances can be met in both directions. The minimum requirement is 245 feet at 35 mph.

105-22 – Noise. Roger A. stated any noise generated shall meet the sound pressure level limit of 60 dB(A) between the hours of 7:00 am and 10:00pm and 45 dB(A) between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am.

105-23 – Dust, fumes, vapors and gases. Roger A. stated there is no dust, fumes, vapors or gases, generated by this activity.

105-24 – Odors. Roger A. stated there will be no obnoxious odors generated.

105-25 – Glare. Roger A. stated there shall be no lighting added to the new structure, or the existing structures.

105-26 – Stormwater runoff. Roger A. stated the original approval had a stormwater report, as well as a letter from Carl Beal PE, for the amendment adding the first 50’ x 100’ structure to the property, which stated that the first additional 50’ x 100’ structure would have no adverse effects. A stormwater management plan was designed to keep the water mostly on the property, with minimal runoff going offsite.

105-27 – Erosion control. Roger A. stated Carl Beal, PE, also designed the erosion control methods to be used for the previous approvals.

105-28 – Setbacks and screening. Roger A. stated existing vegetation will remain along the perimeter of the property, there are woods around the property, except on the roadside. Roger said it is therefore, well screened.

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 4 of 12

105-29 – Explosive materials. Roger A. stated, there shall be no propane tanks stored as stated during the last approval, and this will remain for this approval as well.

105-30 – Water quality. Roger A. stated, there is no outdoor storage of fuel to affect water quality.

105-31 – Preservation of landscape; landscaping of parking and storage areas. Roger A. stated no changes are being made to the existing parking area, there is no outside storage associated with this activity.

105-32 - Relation of proposed building to the environment. Roger A. stated the building conforms well with others in the surrounding area, and it matches the existing storage building.

105-33 – Refuse disposal. Roger A. stated there was no additional refuse generated by putting up the additional storage building.

105-34 – Access Control to Route 109. Roger A. stated this is not applicable.

105-43 – Off-street parking and loading. Roger A. stated there would be no changes to the existing off-street parking. Additional vehicles are going to be parked inside the new structure.

105-46 – Sanitary provisions. Roger A. stated there is an existing State approved septic system on site for the business, which has no bearing on the addition of the new structure.

105-47Signs and billboards. Roger A. stated that all signage must be permitted and approved through the Code Enforcement Office.

105-52 – Water Quality Protection – No activity shall runoff, seep, percolate or wash into surface or groundwaters, so as to contaminate, pollute or harm such waters. Roger A. stated that this is reviewed due to the number of gallons of fuel that could be on site within the vehicles. Roger stated that with the additional vehicles being stored, there is a possibility that there could be over 3000 gallons of fuel between all the vehicles.

Steve F. asked Mr. McLeod what he believed the average vehicle would hold with respect to fuel that will be stored on site? Mr. McLeod stated, “It is awful tough to say. Depending on the SeaDoo’s or personal watercraft, some of them hold 7 gallons and some of them hold 15. We just stored some boats and I am not sure what the boat tanks are. The average pontoon boat probably has the regular 5 gallon can but some of them are getting up to 20-gallon on board tanks. So, its so hard to say what’s on board. These days we try to run the tanks as low as we can.”

Steve F. asked Mr. McLeod if he believed he would store 300 units there? Mrs. McLeod stated, “A full size boat, if they were all full size boats, it would be about 50 boats. But some of them are the watercrafts, so if they were all single place watercrafts, it would probably be a hundred of them. A good mixture would be 75 in each building. I would say it would be under 300”.

Steve F., “So if you had 150 units, doing some rough math, you would have to have some serious storage capacity in those units to meet that 3000 gallon threshold”. Mr. and Mrs. McLeod agreed, it seemed like a lot.

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 5 of 12

Roger A. stated the reason he was coming up with the 3000, was based on the fact the last amendment for the CUP was to allow 350 vehicles. He said if that was the case, with 350 at 5 gallons that is 1750 gallons of fuel. So, if one more building is added, we

would be talking 3000 gallons on site as a minimum. Steve F. added, “If they were all full”. Roger said, yes, and had 5 gallons in them. Steve said, “Yup”.

Ann H. asked Mr. McLeod if he required, by contract, that anyone he stored jet ski’s for, that they remove the battery and get rid of the gas before he stores them for the season? Mr. McLeod stated that no, he usually has the batteries in them because he has to run them to winterize them. He said, “We do disconnect all batteries, and as far as gas goes, we try to keep them as low as we can because of the quality of fuel we have today.”

Madge B. asked Mr. McLeod if he actually stored gas on site, so he can provide gas for the vehicles? Mr. McLeod stated, “No, absolutely not”.

Roger A. stated the reason he is bringing this up is because of the access way alongside of the building, it is extremely narrow. He said because of this the fire department will never be able to go to the back of the building. He said they would have to fight any fire at that building from the front. He said if they go alongside of the building, they will end up stuck in the back if something was to happen. Roger felt this was an issue. Roger believed this should be cleared with the Fire Chief, to be sure he has no issue with the amount of fuel that is likely to be stored on sight; and if there was a fire, the fact they can only fight it from the front. Roger said if they go alongside the building, they could get trapped in the back and not have a way out.

Mr. McLeod stated that you can get completely around the existing building. He said that he drove his trailer truck around the building. Roger said that may be true, but if there was a fire you would not be able to. Roger stated that you cannot drive that close to the fire. Mr. McLeod said, “Right, I guess. I have more boundaries around the side of the property than technically required. I think we are only supposed to have 15 feet and I kept 30 feet to the side of the building.” Roger said, “If there was a fire, do you think it would be comfortable to take a fire truck and drive it 30 feet from the building that is on fire.” Mr. McLeod stated, “Well if they need to get to the other end, then yes, its open at the far end.” Roger asked, “But if something was to happen, how would you get your truck back?” Mr. McLeod asked what he said? Roger said, “If something was to happen, a wall falls down, could you get that truck back.” Mr. McLeod said, “Yes, because you will be able to get down both sides of both buildings, its open in the back, so you can get down around the embankment and come all the way around the building.” Mr. Mcleod said you will be able to go down both walls of the existing building, you won’t be able to go down the left hand wall as you are facing the building with a fire truck, but you can go down the righthand wall of the existing building, which is only a short distance apart. He said you would be able to go down the right side of the building. Roger stated, that due to the difference in height, he did not think the Fire Chief would run a truck down through there. He believed it was a safety concern. Roger thought the Fire Chief should sign off saying that he is

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 6 of 12

comfortable with what is there. Mr. McLeod said, “Ok”.

Roland L. asked Roger A. what he was asking for at this point? Roger stated, that the Fire Chief gives it a blessing, so if there was to be an issue, that if we grant the permit, he accepts what is there. Roland said, “And that is based on the supposition there will be 3000 or more gallons of fuel”. Roger said that there was a probability. Roland said, “Ok”. Roland stated, “If Shawn doesn’t believe that there will be that much fuel involved, are you feeling like we still could require the Chief to sign off”. Roger said the amended Conditional Use Permit that is in existence at this time, allows for 350 vehicles and if they hold 5 gallons in each one, some could be more or less, if that is the average, that is 1700 gallons. Mr. McLeod stated that was all told on his property, not necessarily in that building. He said that he could never fit 350 vehicles unless he was storing motorcycles solely. He believed 350 was considering his entire property at that time. Mr. McLeod noted that the board was at the property this evening, and they saw what was there. He said not all that is there is staying, some arrive and then leave. He said they were trying to account for every vehicle on the property at that time. Roger said, “Ok. The original one was for 100, and then when we put in the storage building it went up by 250.” Mrs. McLeod stated, “Right, I think we just wanted to make sure we didn’t exceed it by having a parking lot full of boats that needed to be worked on.” Roger said, “Right”. Mr. McLeod stated that he did not believe it would double again, he put a big number out there originally to make sure they were covered for what was actually in the parking lot and in the building.

Steve F. asked, “Shawn you’ve been doing this for quite a few years, what do you suppose the number is that you do store in your existing building”? Mrs. McLeod said it varied; if it were all full size boats, it would be 50 boats. She said some people will store with them one year and not the next, so if you had one pontoon boat this year, next year you might replace it with 3 single place watercrafts. She thought it was an average of 75 boats per building. Steve F. said, “Ok”. Mr. McLeod agreed saying it was big boats and small personal watercraft.

Steve F. stated that he believed Roger’s concern was with regard to what they have stored and in case there was a fire, the board could certainly have the Fire Chief give his blessing. He asked what would be the cure for this in his opinion. Roger A. said that he just wanted to ensure that the Fire Chief didn’t have an issue, it could be a safety issue and that was his concern. He said, “One building will be quite a bit higher than the other, therefore, the access to get around that for a fire truck, if something were to happen, I don’t think the Fire Chief would allow a fire truck to go to the back of the property”. He said that the truck would likely be trapped out there, not having a chance to get back to the front. He stated that he couldn’t see having a building that close, and allowing a half million dollar vehicle stuck out back.

Ann H. asked if one building is on fire, or the fire hops over to the other building, are there any other buildings in the surrounding area that could be affected if the fire

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 7 of 12

department couldn’t put out the fire? Roger said, no, the other building in the front is far away, so he didn’t believe it would be affected. Ann said, then the only total loss would be just his property. Roger said, “True”.

Roland L. asked if the board was able to proceed with the application, and make it a condition that an endorsement from the Fire Chief is a requirement? Roger said the board could.

Steve F. asked for the record, what part of the ordinance is the board citing, in case this comes up in the future? He said he wants to be able to look at the ordinance and say this is why we brought this in, in this particular case. Roger stated it is under the health and safety of the community, as well as stated earlier, water quality. He said if something were to catch on fire and you have 3000 gallons of fuel, or something gets dumped onto the ground, you have an environmental issue. Steve thought if it was on fire it would explode. Roger agreed. Steve said that he wasn’t saying it would not be an environmental issue if both buildings were a total loss, but he thought if there were a lot of fuel in the building and there is a fire, it would burn. Roger agreed and stated that was the reason he did not believe the fire truck would be going out back.

Mrs. McLeod stated that an average of 75 boats with 5 gallons of gas each, that is only 375 gallons of gas per building. Roger agreed, if they were held to the 75. Mrs. McLeod stated that they couldn’t fit too much more than that. She said if they were full size boats there would only be 50 of them. Roger said the only reason he said this is because the original permit was 100 vehicles kept on the slab. He said when they put in the new storage building, the amount was increased by 250 for a total of 350. He said if the 250 was for one storage building, and you put in a new storage building the exact same size, it seems to reason that you are looking for another 250 vehicles. Roger asked if this were true? Both Mr. and Mrs. McLeod both said, definitely not.

Roland L. stated that it sounds like the applicant did what the board encourages a lot of applicants to do and that is give the largest case scenario, so they are not called on the carpet at some later point because they exceeded the number. He said that given that is what he thinks happened in this situation, and they are telling the board that no, they are not going to have more than 350, he leans toward what they are saying, based on their experience and knowing what their capacity is. He said the board often asks applicants to increase their hours of operation or increase the number of units that they could possibly have for sale, so they are not put in the position that they are called on the carpet later on. Roger agreed.

Mrs. McLeod stated that in the winter, both of the buildings will be full. She said that in the winter they are also very busy with snowmobiles. She said that they can have a huge number of snowmobiles on site at one time. She said if you consider both buildings being full, plus a yard full of snowmobiles, that is where the number could have come from. Mr. McLeod added that the snowmobiles are never in the building, they are always outside.

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 8 of 12

Roger A. asked Mr. McLeod if the number that he was approved for, during the last review of 350 vehicles would be sufficient? Mr. McLeod stated that he believed that was still a good number. Mrs. McLeod agreed. Roger said, “That’s fine”.

Roger A. stated that he had no other concerns.

Roger A. then reviewed §105-73.G ‘Standards applicable to conditional uses’ and made findings of fact.

Standards applicable to conditional uses. It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to demonstrate that the proposed use meets all of the following criteria. The Board shall approve the application unless it makes written findings that one or more of these criteria have not been met.

1) The use will not have an adverse impact on spawning grounds, fish, aquatic life, birds or other wildlife habitat. Roger A. stated, it will not.

2) The use will conserve shore cover and visual, as well as actual, access to water bodies. Roger A. stated this is not applicable.

3) The use is consistent with the Comprehensive Plan. Roger A. stated it is, the Comp Plan wants small businesses in town.

4) Traffic access to the site is safe. Roger A. stated it is, the site distances meet the minimum in both directions.

5) The site design is in conformance with all municipal flood hazard protection regulations. Roger A. stated it is, the project is not in the flood zone.

6) Adequate provision for the disposal of all wastewater and solid waste has been made. Roger A. stated a State approved Septic System is on site, and any solid waste will be removed by the applicants as previously approved. Used Oil shall be removed by Cyn Environmental Services.

7) Adequate provision for the transportation, storage and disposal of any hazardous materials has been made. Roger A. stated the hazardous material is fuel and batteries, which shall remain inside the vehicles.

8) A stormwater drainage system capable of handling fifty-year storm without adverse impact on adjacent properties has been designed. Roger A. stated Carl Beal, PE, created a stormwater plan for the original application and the previous amendment.

Madge B. stated that the storm water design now needs to include both buildings. She asked if the design did include both buildings? Roger said that it was adequate for one of the buildings. He stated that one building is on the higher ground, there shouldn’t be an issue to be able to handle the additional building. Madge asked if they were putting drainage around the new building, so it drains into the stormwater system? Mr. McLeod stated that yes, it would drain into the current system that he had on site. Madge said, that when it comes off the roof, does it go into the system? Mr. McLeod stated that it did.

9) Adequate provisions to control soil erosion and sedimentation have been made. Roger A. stated they have.

10) There is adequate water supply to meet the demands of the proposed use and for fire protection purposes. Roger A. stated this location is not far from the Emery Mills fire hydrant.

11) The provisions for buffer strips and on-site landscaping provide adequate protection to neighboring properties from detrimental features of the development, such as noise, glare,

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 9 of 12

fumes, dust, odors and the like. Roger A. stated there are no changes being made to the existing vegetation.

12) All performance standards in this chapter applicable to the proposed use will be met. Roger A. stated they shall with conditions.

Roger stated the conditions of approval, amended from the original approval, are as follows:

1) The hours of operation shall continue to be Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to noon.

2) The waste oil removal shall be done by Cyn Environmental Services.

3) The maximum allowed vehicles/units on site shall be 350.

4) No collection of unserviceable parts construed as junk to be stored on site, as per the original approval.

5) No propane tanks shall be stored in the cold storage building.

6) A building permit shall be obtained from the Code Enforcement Office prior to erecting the building. Any change to the existing signage shall also be done thru the Code Enforcement Office.

Maggie M made the motion to approve the Conditional Use Permit to add a 50’ x 150’ cold storage building, no electricity, no heat, on Map 1, Lot 24A as reviewed by the board and per the plans provided, with 6 conditions. Madge B. 2nd the motion. All members are in favor. By a vote of 5 – 0, the motion passed unanimously.

Nothing further was discussed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Findings of Facts

1. The owner of Shapleigh Tax Map 1, Lot 24A (140 Deering Ridge Road), is Adex Properties LLC, of 185 Sunset Road, Springvale, Maine 04083. The applicant is Shawn McLeod of 140 Deering Ridge Road, Shapleigh, Maine 04076.

2. The property is located in the General Purpose District and according to the assessor, the property contains 4.26 acres.

3. The applicant is before the board for an amendment to a Conditional Use Permit to add a 50’ x 150’ cold storage building to the property.

4. Provided, was a sketch plan which depicted the existing structure for the business, a 50’ x 100’ cement pad for storage of vehicles, two existing driveways (one for personal use), parking area, existing well and septic/leachfield location, location of the existing 50’ x 100’ cold storage building and proposed location of the new building which is also, 50’ x 100’. The distance to the side lot line of the proposed structure was depicted as 50 feet and distance to the rear lot line is 143 feet. There will be a corridor between the two storage structures, the corridor being 45 feet in width.

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 10 of 12

5. Provided in September 2017, was a letter from Carl V. Beal, P.E. which stated that the construction of the additional building at that time, would result in no negative impacts due to stormwater runoff to downstream properties, tributaries, or water bodies. During the Planning Board review on September 22, 2020, the board concluded the same measures used for that building would also work for the addition of this new 50’ x 150’ foot building.

6. The Planning Board concluded should there be a fire in either the existing storage building, or the proposed storage building, additional property damage should not occur, since the other structure on site is a great distance away. In addition, water quality should not be affected, as gasoline shall likely explode rather than permeate into the ground water supply.

7. The detailed description of the project is as follows: Add another 50’ x 150’ steel storage building next to the existing 50’ x 150’ building. No heat, no electricity.

8. The board reviewed the Basic Performance Standards and the board concurred the application met all the standards imposed.

9. The board reviewed Zoning Ordinance §105-73, Section G, ‘Standards applicable to conditional uses’ and concurred the application and information as presented met the performance standards in this chapter, with conditions.

10. A notice was mailed to all abutters within 500 feet of the property on September 9, 2020. Meetings were held on September 8, 2020 and September 22, 2020. A site inspection and public hearing were held on September 22, 2020.

11. The Planning Board unanimously agreed to approve the amendment to the Conditional Use Permit to add a 50’ x 150’ cold storage building on the property with six conditions.

12. The conditions of approval are:

1) The hours of operation shall continue to be Monday thru Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and Saturday 9:00 a.m. to noon.

2) The waste oil removal shall be done by Cyn Environmental Services.

3) The maximum allowed vehicles/units on site shall be 350.

4) No collection of unserviceable parts construed as junk to be stored on site, as per the original approval.

5) No propane tanks shall be stored in the cold storage building.

6) A building permit shall be obtained from the Code Enforcement Office prior to erecting the building. Any change to the existing signage shall also be done thru the Code Enforcement Office.

Motion:

After careful consideration and a review of all material presented to the Board, including the review of the Zoning Ordinance ‘Basic Performance Standards’, and §105-73, Section G, ‘Standards applicable to conditional uses’ a motion was made on Tuesday, September 22, 2020, to approve the amendment to the Conditional Use Permit to add a 50’ x 150’ cold storage building, to be located on Map 1, Lot 24A, as reviewed and per the plans provided, with six conditions.

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 11 of 12

Vote:

By a unanimous vote of 5 – 0, the motion to approve the amendment to the Conditional Use Permit to add a 50’ x 150’ cold storage building, to be located on Map 1, Lot 24A, as reviewed and per the plans provided, with six conditions, was accepted.

Decision:

The Amendment to the Conditional Use Permit to add a 50’ x 150’ cold storage building, to be located on Map 1, Lot 24A, as reviewed and per the plans provided, with six conditions, was approved.

**************************

Growth Permits

Map 6, Lot 30B-3 (Nason Road) – New Home GP #21-20

This is a 3.9 acres lot, meets the 200 foot required road frontage requirement, as well as all minimum lot size standards in the Zoning Ordinance. The board received a purchase and sale agreement, this lot is a purchase from father to son.

**************************

The Planning Board meeting ended at 8:05 p.m.

NOTE: The summer hours are in effect, the meetings now begin at 7:30 p.m. and any scheduled public hearing begins at 7:00 p.m.

The next Planning Board meeting scheduled will be via Zoom on Tuesday October 13, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. See the Town website, www.shapleigh.net to obtain the link details, or use the information below.

To attend the meeting, you may connect via the following:

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.Zoom.us/j/84895865996?pwd=R0tBZE5ENFVLSGRibFRFaWFVQmEvZz09

If calling in: Find your local number: https://us02web.Zoom.us/u/kekLm2hxR2

Zoom Meeting ID: 848 9586 5996 Password: 479754 (For all links)

• You may send an email by noon on the day of the meeting to planningBoard@shapleigh.net and the link to the meeting will be emailed to you, or you can find that link on www.shapleigh.net under Planning Board

Shapleigh Planning Board Minutes – 9/22/2020 Page 12 of 12

The Planning Board meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of each month unless it falls on a holiday or Election Day. Should there be a cancellation due to a storm event, holiday or Election, the meeting will typically

be held the following Wednesday, also at 7:30 p.m. Please contact the Land Use Secretary if there is a question in scheduling, 207-636-2839, x4.

Respectfully submitted,

Barbara Felong

Land Use Secretary

Town of Shapleigh

planningBoard@shapleigh.net