|January 08, 2020|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 8:00 am
December 30, 2019
Call to Order
Chairman Michael S. Perro called the meeting to order at 8:00 am with Jennifer J. Roux and Scott E. Cudworth in attendance.
Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
1. Executive Session Pursuant to 1 MRSA 405(6)(a) – Personnel Matter – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to enter into an Executive Session at 8:04 am for a personnel matter consultation with Town’s attorney. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
The Board came out of Executive Session at 8:21 am. Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to accept the letter of resignation dated December 27, 2019 from Michael Sabine. Town’s attorney has been instructed to respond to the resignation letter along with the second letter regarding assistance from the Town with a personal issue. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
2. Tom Small – Capital Improvements Committee – asked to speak to the Board to receive an update concerning the Emery Mills Bridge Repairs. The BOS stated a bid package/template was received by the Selectmen but before making any approvals the BOS have asked that the CIC to review the materials and make any recommendations to the Selectmen. In conclusion, the BOS have asked members of the CIC to attend a Selectmen’s meeting in the near future in order to improve the communication between both parties.
3. Budget Committee – The BOS would like to meet with members of the Budget Committee in the coming weeks to discuss proposed budgets.
4. Property Owner on Owls Nest Road – The BOS would like to reschedule the meeting with the property owner from Owl’s Nest Road who has concerns with the snowplowing and sanding of the roads in Shapleigh.
5. Bedell’s Freedom of Information Request – The Town Administrator informed the BOS that all information had been gathered for the Bedell’s to review. Communications have been sent to the Bedell’s attorney to schedule a date to review the information.
6. Transfer Station Electrical – Selectmen have asked the Town Administrator to follow up on the electrical issue at the Transfer Station to make certain it has been repaired.
Adjourned – Motion made by Jennifer J. Roux, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to adjourn the meeting at 8:48 am
These minutes are not verbatim.
Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
January 22, 2020 4:37 PM