|January 08, 2020|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 8:00 am
December 19, 2019
Call to Order
Chairman Michael S. Perro called the meeting to order at 8:00 am with Jennifer J. Roux and Scott E. Cudworth in attendance.
Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator and Cheryl Drisko, Office Assistant were absent.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
A motion was made by Jennifer J. Roux to approve minutes of December 10, 2019; seconded by Scott E. Cudworth. No further discussion. Motion carried.
· Roland Legere spoke to the Board regarding a Road Ordinance. With
regards to Goose Pond Road, Roland sees this as a public health and wellness
issue to be corrected. As a Select Board, Roland was wondering if the Board
could close off an area such as Goose Pond Road from vehicle traffic during certain
times of the year for the safety of the individuals who live and walk along
those roads; not just limit weights. Roland commented, weight is still an issue
because concrete trucks and logging trucks using it but during the summer
months it is even worse; a lot of truck traffic in a narrow area.
The Town meeting is in March and all
this work will need to be done before that date.
· Roland Legere updated the Board that as of October 1, 2019 the lake's
water level has returned to the mark recorded before the drawdown. Mr. Legere believes the lake is now at normal
winter levels. With the lake recovered,
Goose Pond Channel is now full of water.
2. Capital Improvement Committee Bid
· Inconsistencies across departments of what was being budgeted; reserve accounts being increased.
· Packet was a possible template for future bidding endeavors; returned for appropriate presentation and approval.
· Awaiting information from the whole committee on supported or not;
tabled until further review.
3. Selectmen Scott E. Cudworth brought up to items for review:
· Speed limit signs on Owl's Nest Road are still not in place. The RC has
already been contacted. Discussion ensued how to take care of this issue, theft
of signs, and replacement of signs. Chairman Perro will contact the RC again. Item will stay on the agenda
under old business.
· Transfer Station electrical control with water gushing over equipment - Water is pooling near the operator. When this items is redone, the pitch will need to be altered. Herrick was informed and responded he will take care of it.
Rate for Transfer Station Employees
Hall Electrical Issues
3. Executive Session Pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. 405 (6)(a) Personnel Matter
moved into Executive Session Pursuant to 1 MRSA 405(6)(a) - Personnel Matter
· Board moved out of Executive Session Pursuant to 1 MRSA 405(6)(a) - Personnel Matter
motion made by Jennifer J. Roux at 9:10 am to come out of Executive Session
pursuant to 1 M.R.S.A. 405(6)(a) personnel matter; seconded by Scott E.
Cudworth. All in favor. Motion carried.
1. CMP Monthly Summary
2. CIC Agenda
Any other business that the Chairman may wish to bring before the meeting:
These minutes are not verbatim. Cheryl L. Drisko, Office Assistant.
Board of Selectmen
January 22, 2020 4:37 PM