|April 03, 2020|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 6:00 pm
March 10, 2020
Call to Order
Chairman Jennifer J. Roux called the meeting to order at 6:00 pm with Scott E. Cudworth in attendance. Michael S. Perro sat in as an advisor. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator and Cheryl Drisko, Office Assistant were in attendance.
Pledge of Allegiance was recited.
Approval of minutes from previous meeting:
A motion was made by Scott E. Cudworth approve the minutes of February 25, 2020 and March 5, 2020 as written; seconded by Jennifer J. Roux. No further discussion. Motion carried.
· Duffy Gold brought 3 items to the Board
o Capital Improvement Committee update -
letter from the Maine Department of Transportation (DOT) was received. Duffy asked the Board when the bid package
would be posted and whether the letter would also be posted. Response: By the first of the week. Duffy further
inquired how the posting weight affected school buses and emergency vehicles.
o COV-19 (Coronovirus)
§ As a
concerned resident of Shapleigh, Duffy asked if first responders had all the
gear and supplies needed to handle COV-19 if called upon. Discussion ensued
regarding steps being taken. Duffy was informed that all key personnel have
been notified and all affected departments were all set with procedures and
o Media Contact
suggested to the Board that they should nominate 1 person as spokesperson to
deal with media contact in the future. She further expressed said person should
receive appropriate training so that a unified front be presented. The Chairman of the Board did not agree as it
was the responsibility of the Selectmen, but suggestion is so noted and the
Board will take it under advisement once elections are complete and the full
· Mike Sabine as regarding the Fire Department issues being handled. Chairman Jennifer J. Roux indicated an update
is on the agenda under New Business.
· Denise DeAngelis gave a brief update received from the Fire Chief on things being worked on. This prompted a question from the floor and discussion on bylaws. The Board asked the Town Administrator to find out what the protocol is for amending the bylaws.
1. 2020 TANS
· Partners Bank - $1,000,000 tax anticipation note at 2.15% fixed as either a lump sum or on an as needed basis.
· Biddeford Savings - $1,000,000 tax anticipation note at 3.10% for a lump sum; commitment fee is $1,500
were discussed; the Board will submit TANS bids to the Treasurer for review and
her recommendations. Closing needs to be completed by May 1st.
Control Officer Job Applicants
1. Tax Abatements
Account 1488 Lee Property value was adjusted $359.84 abatement
Account 2258 Romano Property value was adjusted $323.85 abatement
Account 2899 Roubo Homestead was omitted $203.00 abatement
A motion was made by Scott E. Cudworth
to approve the abatements as presented; seconded by Jennifer J. Roux. No further discussion. Motion carried.
County Sherriff's Request
Broadband Franchise Review from Legal
Squad Memo - Orientation
Response to Dam Coalition Inquiries
9. Executive Session Pursuant to Title 1 MRSA 405(6)(a) - Personnel Matter
· A motion was made by Scott E. Cudworth to go into Executive Session pursuant to Title 1 M.R.S.A. 405(6)(a) personnel matter at 6:45 pm; seconded by Jennifer J. Roux. All in favor. Motion carried.
motion was made by Scott E. Cudworth at 7:05 pm to come out of Executive Session pursuant to Title 1 M.R.S.A. 405(6)(a)
personnel matter; seconded by Jennifer J. Roux. All in favor. Motion carried.
10. Town Meeting Preparation
· The Town Administrator prepared a preface for the Board to have at hand on the Comprehensive Plan Committee and purpose for any questions that may be presented at Town Meeting.
· The Board worked
together to prepare for the Town Meeting scheduled on Saturday, March 14, 2020.
Other representatives expected to be in attendance: Planning Board Member, Fire
Chief, Rescue Chief, EMA Director, Road Commissioners, York County Sherriff's
Office, and Jen Harris of York County Soil and Water Commission (YCSWC). Social
Services Warrant was discussed and more information will be sought out
regarding what neighboring towns are committing.
1. Planning Board Agenda for 3/10/2020
2. Planning Board Minutes for 1/28/2020
3. Planning Board Notice of Public Hearing for March 10, 2020
4. ECO Maine Summary for 2019
5. Treasurer and Town Administrator Training Certificates
6. York County Soil & Water Conservation Steering Committee Meeting Notes 2/19/2020
7. CIC Meeting Minutes for September 19, 2019 and December 19, 2019
2. Abatements (3)
Any other business that the Chairman may wish to bring before the meeting: None
These minutes are not verbatim. Cheryl L. Drisko, Office Assistant.
Board of Selectmen
May 27, 2020 10:41 AM