|June 04, 2020|
Shapleigh Board of Selectmen
Minutes of Meeting – Time 12:30 pm
May 28, 2020 – BOS Room
Call to Order
Chairman Jennifer J. Roux called the meeting to order at 12:30 pm with Scott E. Cudworth and William J. Mageary in attendance. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator was also in attendance. This meeting was held in the BOS room.
1. Executive Session for a Personnel Matter Pursuant to 1MRSA 405(6)(a) – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to enter into an executive session at 12:3 pursuant to 1 MRSA 405(6)(a) Personnel Matter. No further discussion. Motion carried unanmously. Motion was made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to ressess the executvie session at 12:48 pm.No further discussion. Motion carried. Motion to go back into Executive Session was made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth a 1:03 pm. No further discussion. Motion carried. The BOS came out of the Executive Session at 1:21 pm.
Fire Chief Romano was not reappointed. His certificate of Appointment expired on May 25, 2020. Fire Fighter Duane Romano has turned in his gear and has resigned. Kevin Romano has turned in his gear and is no longer on the Fire Department.
2. Certificate of Appointment for Fire Chief – Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to appointment Steve Guillemette for a term of 7 months. Term expires: 12/31/2020. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
3. Letter of No Action – The Town Administrator discussed the letter of no action for Danny Bright’s property Map 41, Lot 14. It is the recommendation of the CEO to approve the letter of no action since all permits were obtained from the Town and at this time the boundary line can not be determined. Motion made my William J. Mageary, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to sign the letter as presented. No further discussion. Motion carried unanimously.
4. 2020 Scholarships – The Selectmen reviewed the applications as presented. Scott E. Cudworth abstained for commenting and voting on the scholarships. Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Jennifer J. Roux to award the Ferguson Scholarship to applicant number 4 and the Wilma Thyng Scholarship to applicant number 6. No further discussion. Motion carried 2 – 0 – 1 abstention (Cudworth).
5. Motor Vehicle Excise Email from Town Clerk – the BOS made the decision after reviewing the information to leave the 30 days extension once the emergency has been lifted for residents to register their car. The BOS would like to encourage residents to not wait until the end of the 30 days to register their car but to register asap.
6. Re-opening Memo to Staff – The BOS reviewed the memo along with the procedures. The memo will be emailed to Town Hall staff on Friday.
Adjourn –Motion made by William J. Mageary, Seconded by Scott E. Cudworth to adjourn at 1:35 pm. Motion passed unanimously.
These minutes are not verbatim. Karla Bergeron, Town Administrator
Board of Selectmen
May 14, 2021 7:12 PM